IMG_01393.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) My MK2B Punto :)

Introduction

Alright lads, im Jake and ive just bought a 53 Plate Black MK2B Punto!
Ive got alot of ideas for what I want to do with it but this is my first attempt at modding a car and ill have some issues and stuff that i will need to sort out ;)
Anyway, im just going to concentrate on the interior of the car at the moment and subtle changes that arn't really going to affect my insurance to much! Funds are low but ive managed to get an air freshener and set of sparco pedals that need installing so im on my way ;)

Anyway here is my new baby!

Future Mods:
New Gear Knob
Alarm System
Steering wheel
Push start button! :D
Mudguards
Xenon headlights
Touchscreen radio (Removing centre console)
New speaker system

Also going to get a new reg plate, just wondering if i can get a swedish flag where the picture of the GB symbol normally is? Might be an infringment of the law or something because its not on a swedish plate?

Cheers :D
they can be removed push on the back of them from inside the bumper and they will pop out

car looks nice btw,have you though of painting your wheel trims ?

Ta :)
So, Grey primer/Black CC paint/Lacq?

Well not really, when i can afford a set I was going to look into getting some deep dishes/16" alloys and lowering her 35-40mm?
Why, what did you have in mind?

you want 4 x 98 pcd wheels for a perfect fit but 4 x 10 will fit with pcd correction bolts (wobbly bolts), you may also want to look at 15's as 16's are really dear for tyres, the tyre numbers are the size eg 185/55/R15 which are 185mm wide, 55mm from tyre surface to alloy and R15 is the alloy size 15", you also need to watch the offset of alloys.

you want 4 x 98 pcd wheels for a perfect fit but 4 x 10 will fit with pcd correction bolts (wobbly bolts), you may also want to look at 15's as 16's are really dear for tyres, the tyre numbers are the size eg 185/55/R15 which are 185mm wide, 55mm from tyre surface to alloy and R15 is the alloy size 15", you also need to watch the offset of alloys.

:yeahthat:

Thanks for that Deek,
Although does it matter how wide they are? And the depth of the tyres matter?

you can go wider but will need a higher offset wheel think punto alloys are ET38 so ET48 would sit 10mm further out into the arches, i went for 195 wide alfas with an ET38 offset but rears were catching on the shock so had to use 8mm spacers to get them out a bit, a lower profile tyre will also reduce rubbing if you get any with a higher profile.

Back