DSCF0229.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My MK2 Punto

Introduction

well, after much spamming on other section of the forum, i finally decided to create a thread for my car...

this is when i got it:
IMAG00031.JPG

IMAG00012.JPG

a "tiny" accident:
IMAG0002_web_ready.JPG

IMAG0001_web_ready.JPG

and how it is at the moment:
IMAG00091.jpg

IMAG00191.jpg

i got hold of a sporting interior, and swapped it with the old one:
DSCF0230.jpg

DSCF0231.jpg

also cut a couple of inches from the gearstick, feels much better now...

and now... my OTT security system:
DSCF0229.jpg

"MOB CAR - You crash... We crush"

i am now in search of some alloys and a sporting steering wheel...
nice car! the only thing that i don't like is the interior. but that might be due to the ugly steering wheel! and from the sounds of it, it wouldn't be worth the hastle to replace! but overall that car is great, bet you're proud of it!

well, it's been quite a while since I had done something on the car, so this weekend i decided to try a couple of things to see how they'd look...

got tired from seeing rust every time i looked at my discs and rear drums, so decided to do something about it:

DSCF07972.jpg

got it on the elevator

DSCF07982.jpg

discs had this awful look

DSCF08022.jpg

rear drums all pretty after the first couple of layers

DSCF0813.jpg

discs looking quite better too

since i was at this, i decided to do something i had on my mind for a while:

DSCF08061.jpg

DSCF08071.jpg

DSCF0810.jpg

DSCF0811.jpg

DSCF08122.jpg

red calipers...

DSCF0815.jpg

no proper pics after the work was finished... i'm happy with the way it looks, thought it would look worse...

what do you guys think? any comments are welcome(y)

love your punto
anything else done to it recently

Thanks mate
Not really, don't have the time to do it, as i'm working 300kms away and only come home 5 days per month... if all goes well, i'll have news as soon as i'm on vacations...

Anyway, a small update, just hit the 141k kms milestone, it will probably need a new ECU because the one it has now has some problems when it comes to cold start... :bang:

Well it's been a long time since I last updated this thread... The car now has 184000 kms and since that ECU/fuel pump issue, it hasn't had any problems. Also, after four years of ownership, it's time to let him go (n) I need a bigger and more confortable car, since I'm currently posted 200kms away from home, and the way ther it's mostly done on B roads... So, can one of the mods could please lock the thread?

Bye Punto, you will be missed, but you're going for a good reason...

Back