inside_clean1.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) My MK2 Punto

Introduction

Well i havn't been on here for a while so here are a few pics any comments welcome!

Going for the subtle look and kinda euro style in time, bonnet has been smoothed, rub strips taken off, handles and mirrors colour coded, angel eye headlights, mk2b rear lights, 16" alloys, lowered 90 on FK coilovers also for exterior mods. Lots of mods to come, Car is in body shop next week for boot smoothing and roof smoothing, along with the front bumper being smoothed.

Rear bumper will be after maket murker one which is smoothed and abarth skirts put on in next couple of months with doors smoothed also and filler cap relocated to the boot.

Keep an eye out for updates!

trax10.JPG

trax11.JPG

close2.JPG

winter.JPG

halo.JPG

induction.JPG

inside_clean1.JPG
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol cheers Dan :) it will be done soon enough after Trax. You popping down to trax or not?

Dans yours in an exeption from the 17's comment i don't think anyone has 17's lowered 100mm lol your car is what 17's should look like on it. Lushus!

Last edited:
lol cheers Dan :) it will be done soon enough after Trax. You popping down to trax or not?

Dans yours in an exeption from the 17's comment i don't think anyone has 17's lowered 100mm lol your car is what 17's should look like on it. Lushus!

Thanks mate. There are a fair few pretty low (on 17's) Mk2's popping up now, :)

No I won't be at Trax but I will be at Donny Show at Doncaster Race Course on the 27th and 28th September.

one problem with it being so low now is that i can only get into work on the wrong side of the road now due to a bump, i have to take a trip round tesco car park to get to the petrol station as its all stupid one way to avoid bumps, so if there is a speed bump i cry bascally or stop and creep over them lol.

I will keep people updated on the progress of new back bumper, spacing of the wheels etc :)

one problem with it being so low now is that i can only get into work on the wrong side of the road now due to a bump, i have to take a trip round tesco car park to get to the petrol station as its all stupid one way to avoid bumps, so if there is a speed bump i cry bascally or stop and creep over them lol.

I will keep people updated on the progress of new back bumper, spacing of the wheels etc :)

If you can still creep over them your not low enough mate, lol

Seriously though im really looking forward to seeing the wheels spaced and the paint ideas put into practice.

If you can still creep over them your not low enough mate, lol

Seriously though im really looking forward to seeing the wheels spaced and the paint ideas put into practice.

I can only creep out on some, on others i just ground out in the middle :( worst noise ever.

Same mate, my mate who does all the body work keeps saying get your back bumper but its the money, the spacers have been ordered though dan.

10mm for front 20mm for back so the et will be 5 front and -5 rear :)

They will be on sometime this week

I can only creep out on some, on others i just ground out in the middle :( worst noise ever.

Same mate, my mate who does all the body work keeps saying get your back bumper but its the money, the spacers have been ordered though dan.

10mm for front 20mm for back so the et will be 5 front and -5 rear :)

They will be on sometime this week

Money is often a problem mate and I know from personal experience that the Merkur rear isn't a cheap bumper.

However it really is worth the money and in the 3 years I have had mine (8v and Sporting) I have never regretted buying it, :)

Money is often a problem mate and I know from personal experience that the Merkur rear isn't a cheap bumper.

However it really is worth the money and in the 3 years I have had mine (8v and Sporting) I have never regretted buying it, :)

Yeah always a money issue, just paid off the accident i've had and mechanically its sound at the moment, so modifying can go ahead, bumper may be bought this month though :), i was going to completely smooth the bumper even the number plate recess but then there is the problem of the number plate and lighting it up.

As i could get a magnetic one to put on the boot if i went somewhere and wip it off for shows etc but its the light issue so dnt think i can go ahead with that idea, so looks liek the paint will have to be different to yours and martins to incorporate it into my colour scheme

Quick update: Backs have been spaced out 20mm to make it -5et :) but in 2 weeks time the car is going into the bodyshop to get the arches rolled to fcuk. An extra 10mm are going on the back to make it -15 et and 20mm spacers on the front to make the front -5. Should look pretty wide :D and my door locks will be smoothed off at the same time and pretrol cap relocated :). I have pressed plates to put on but aren't on yet.

few pics how it stands at the mo

dish1.jpg

dish3.jpg

dish.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back