Technical My lights are rubbish

Currently reading:
Technical My lights are rubbish

Hi Guys
My cinque lights are bloody awful,The dip beam is next to useless i have to drive along like some old granny!!!!!

I`ve had the wiring uprated with relays etc,so i can run 100watt bulbs(Halfords bulbs):mad:
Still useless!!!

I changed the bulbs today (ring bulbs)to 100w/80w blue bulbs,
Still useless!!!!!

What can i do????
Cheers
Adrian

What's main beam like?... might be that the light focuser (or what ever it technical name) is losing its aluminiumisation (sp)

Firstly are you body earths OK, is the battery OK, is the alternator Charging OK and are all the connectors nice and clean?

If they are it could be your refectors in the light unit, they tarnish over time and don't throw as much light forward. if you use 80/100 bulbs this happens even faster with the extra heat they generate. Some units alow the reflectors to be cleaned (not sure of Cinq ones though) but if you are serious a nice shiny new set of lights would do the trick (but at a cost!) with a set of white light xenon bulbs

I'd need to see a diagram to check if your relay arrangement is correct (but doesn't the standard setup use relays anyway?).

If it is correct (fused power feeds in heavy duty cable throughout straight from the battery, heavy duty earth leads) some kind of alternator issue is likely.

I'd suspect a bad earth connection somewhere, though.

Strangely, the headlights on my 10yo Cinq are better than on my 5yo Sei......

Back