car 1.jpg

Grande Punto My Gp (Abarth kitted)

Re: My Gp

@ PJeynes1 - do you have part numbers for the front/rear bumpers, wheel arch trims and side skirts? looking to do the same.....looks awesome BTW

I'm not a fan of modified cars but this does look good. However, would I be right in thinking for what it cost, you could have just bought an abarth?

say you bought the t-jet for 6k, then spend 1k on wheels and other stuff, and another 2k on getting the bumpers and spraying them so a guess at 9k, an Abarth is still going to cost more than 10k :eek: iirc, but you get more power, better brakes, seats, interior etc etc

say you bought the t-jet for 6k, then spend 1k on wheels and other stuff, and another 2k on getting the bumpers and spraying them so a guess at 9k, an Abarth is still going to cost more than 10k :eek: iirc, but you get more power, better brakes, seats, interior etc etc
Not that much anymore, can pick one up for around £8k now I reckon. I know there are ones at dealers at £10K on ebay

Edit: White SS on Pistonheads now for £8,500 so for what he paid he could have a white SS!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Just seeing what people think?

By any chance is this the car that me and my mate saw on the sea front at weston super mare a month or so ago?

We had a little drive until you went towards the motorway?
i was the black mjet punto?

Dave

I like it, I'm not usually a fan of replicas (fake corsa VXRs, golf R32s etc) but the T-Jet is close enough, and with the right tuning it can beat an EsseEsse anyway.

I'd love to do it to mine because I think a Blue Abarth would be awesome, however if I did really want to do it I'd buy an EsseEsse and paint it blue, like GymJunkie says, for the better brakes, seats etc.

Either way congrats on your hard work :)

i would imagine insurance and running costs played a part. looks really nice me thinks.

Insurance is doubled roughly I paid £706 last year, and when I had the sporting was around £450 (another years no claims otherwise would have been double), and running costs are increased a fair bit yes, but for the price of the kit and the respray he could probably afforded to run it for a few years!

Back