20170318_172153.jpg

Grande Punto My First Car

Introduction

Hi everyone, thought I would introduce myself after using the forum for a while and finding some very useful tips!

This is my first car, a Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Active. (Wish it was a sporting model ;))

Got it mainly because cheap insurance and looked in great condition with low miles.

I will hopefully get some mods done, nothing performance wise but hopefully subtle exterior stuff to keep the insurance company happy..

I have so far done:
  • LED number plate light
  • LED roof light
  • EL wire around dashboard
  • Vinyl Italian flag on drivers side of front grill
  • Punto Evo mats
  • Rear mudflaps with 'punto' logo painted
  • Replaced battery..
  • Replaced all the screws and clips in rear wheel arch liners. Mudflaps were not a 20 minute job due to rounded screws :(
  • Various other small jobs such as bulbs and fuses
  • Painted steel wheels black and put some new wheel trims on with stickers.
  • Removed all stickers in car and on windshield put on by garages and past owners.
  • Front mudflaps
  • Interior footwell lights
  • Team heko wind deflectors

Wanting to do:
  • Alloys
  • Roof/tailgate spoiler
  • Maybe sporting side skirts
  • Tinted windows
  • Add some small detailing stickers
  • Wrap/spray paint large grey dashboard piece
  • 'Punto' door sills
  • Puddle lights
  • Re-paint Fiat badge blue
  • New speakers/stereo?
  • Exhaust tip similar to sporting tjets

Feel free to add your thoughts and ideas! I probably wont be lowering the car either due to insurance :(

Thanks for looking! I hope to keep this thread up to date as things come and go! :D
Reactions: mattyo
It looks in great nick Matt, mine has done just a couple of thousand less and is in decent shape but the bodywork isn't as immaculate as yours, looks like you chose well.

The dashboard now wouldn't look out of place on the starship enterprise, when do you fit the warp drive?

I hope you enjoy it. I think it's a good choice for a first car and that Italian flag in the front grille is a nice touch.

Hi and welcome.
If you do find you have any issues with insurance or you'd like to give us a try at renewal then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

looks really nice mate, I've been wanting to get some el wiring for my dashboard too. Did you use a direct connection or does it come from the cigarette lighter?

Hello,

Thanks!

It plugs into a 3V battery powered source. Its a little pack which I've hooked onto the OBD cover. It is also superglued on since it didnt come with the wide base as advertised :(

Nice car, I like the EL wire around the dash! ;) I've put LED interior lights in my Stilo and it makes a big improvement over standard bulbs, some subtle footwell lighting would be good as well as puddle lights would be useful, I could do with fitting some in mine. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Looking to purchase some of the EL dashboard lights myself, how long was your cable? The ones I'm seeing on eBay come in 1M, 2M, 3M. Cheers!

Nice car, I like the EL wire around the dash! ;) I've put LED interior lights in my Stilo and it makes a big improvement over standard bulbs, some subtle footwell lighting would be good as well as puddle lights would be useful, I could do with fitting some in mine. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Thank you! EL is definitely unique.

I like the LED, but sadly this Scottish summer means daylight 24/7 so haven't been able to see them properly yet :(

Yep footwell lights look good. I have seen them in the Fiesta and they are a really nice touch.

Hope your projects go well! :)

Not much has been done since the last post.

Cleaned regularly and even polished yesterday.

Front mudflaps installed today :D

Got some resistors in the post for the LED plate lights so the error will hopefully go away (y)

Debating what to do next? Seen a nice roof spoiler but will see what happens.

Attachments

• 20170623_153629.jpg
    20170623_153629.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 100
  • 20170623_153639.jpg
    20170623_153639.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 83
I'm liking that grill vinyl, did you just buy three separate sheets and cut them out?

My fiat punto grande 1.2 windows won't go up the car seats are literally iced over and its ****in freezing ? ?. Does anyone know how to put them up without the switch?

There is no easy way to get them up: you'll have to remove the panel, do a cut in the plastic film and undo the plastic clip that maintains the window attached to the slider. Hand-lift the window and secure it in position (wedges, hooks, duck-tape etc.)
You can also try to direct feed 12VDC into the motor if the original problem comes from the switch or the wiring (see my recent answer to another OP)...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Back