Grande Punto My first car....yay!

Currently reading:
Grande Punto My first car....yay!

Ben Jones

New on here so tell me if i'm doing something wrong, just brought a grande punto for my first car.

29000 when I got it.

Cant really do much until next year becasue of the insurance and stuff.

Mods so far...

Funny sticker on the back and a Pioneer AVH 6300bt headunit.

Future mods:

Lowered on fk coilovers, maybe some Calibre 16" Vintage or some Calibre 15" Vice, vibe speakers all round, possibly a pioneer bootbuild??, K and N induction kit, not sure what % tint to get??

Still need to debadge the bootlid

Any ideas welcome, any opinions on the linea kit??

Welcome to the site!

Got any pics dude? Don't forget to use the built in FiatForum hosting. (y)

There are loads of things you can get out of the Fiat parts bin that will have less or no effect on your insurance. Plus K&N induction kits, not really worth the money and insurance leap as they never increase power significantly... :cool:

Cheers, yea i'm a litle sad just want it for the sound, get and exhaust next year though maybe, whats you opinon on the wheels cant decide really wanna go the euro way though??

Need to change the picture format so i can load them up, be on here soon :)

Welcome to the forum. Good to see another GP!

Save money on the K&N and get something like a pipercross panel air filter, gives it a little bit more grunt 'sound' wise. Couple with a custom exhaust you'll get a better sound if thats all your after. I'm more aesthetics and sound over performance. MPG not BHP....i need to get one of those stickers :slayer:

As for wheels, size wise i wouldn't settle for anything other than 17's. GP's are notoriously unlady like with their arch gaps as standard. Going with 15's is a no no IMO, 16's would be ok...but 17's for impact for sure! ;)

Brilliant cheers the pipercross's are cheaper as well, really like the black and white look on yours dont see many around like that.

know what you mean about the MPG and BHP, might be able to get somewhere on the internet to make a sticker up.

Where did you get you wind deflectors from btw??:p

Ah thanks :D Black and white is quite a common theme i thought lol, still i suppose i havn't seen any GP's with it. Not of late anyway.

Yeah pipercross panel filter is cheaper and you don't have to declare it as its just a filter exchange, and not a 'mod' in the traditional sense. Just be sure if you do it that when you car goes for a service (mainly by fiat) that you say its already been changed.

I got my deflectors off of eBay. Team Heiko, search it...you'll find plenty on their :)

Ahh brilliant didn't think of that lol. Know what you mean about the black and white just dont see it much on punto's.

Like them a lot easy to fit as well, what do you think a bonnet bra for the whole euro look? ready loads of horror stories about paint getting messed up but like the look of them on the GP's

Ahh brilliant didn't think of that lol. Know what you mean about the black and white just dont see it much on punto's.

Like them a lot easy to fit as well, what do you think a bonnet bra for the whole euro look? ready loads of horror stories about paint getting messed up but like the look of them on the GP's

They cause marring and swirling, because they rub against the paperwork. They aren't supposed to be left on in the rain as they trap water and aren't recommended for use at dual carriageway speeds.

Hi everyone, haven't been on here for ages due to college work, but have a creaking noise from the front of the car, I've heard it's the strut bearings, is it most likely to be this or something else??

Thanks

Hey Ben! Welcome to the forum, albeit a tad belated haha!
Is the creaking/groaning more noticable when steering dry/slow moving? If so, I had this issue on my 07 GP. Never caused me any problems but its worth getting checked out (maybe need new gaiters or strut bearings ect).

Black and white is a nice theme to go with as Wisey said (but my car is obviously nicer than his ;) ) 17"s are the way to, check my thread, Ive just dropped mine 40-50mm on Eibach Sportlines and I would HIGHLY suggest them!
Get some pics of your car up?
K&n cone filters are good, but where they suggest you put them on GPs is a bit naff, they just suck in hot air :/ Try getting some silicone pipes and building a "Homebrew" GSR style induction? I priced up the parts for my old GP it only came to about £70 including a breather filter.

Keep up the good work :)

Tom

Hi everyone, haven't been on here for ages due to college work, but have a creaking noise from the front of the car, I've heard it's the strut bearings, is it most likely to be this or something else??

Thanks
Common fault with the track rod ends (cheap as chips, also known as anti roll links) and the suspension top mount / bearing - best to replace both sides for both parts. I just purchased the very items off eBay for my own GP. The eBay links are highlighted.

PS: Welcome to the Forum! Get a pic of the car up :)

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Brilliant thanks a lot for that, did you fit them youself or get a garage to do it? I see theres a guide on how to do it, but just wonmdred how hard people found it??

Common fault with the track rod ends (cheap as chips, also known as anti roll links) and the suspension top mount / bearing - best to replace both sides for both parts. I just purchased the very items off eBay for my own GP. The eBay links are highlighted.

PS: Welcome to the Forum! Get a pic of the car up :)

Those are not track rod ends...

Oldtrackrodend.jpg

these attach onto the track rod of the steering rack and front hub....

the drop link
lrgscaleRP0753.jpg

which attaches to the strut
Anti_Roll_Bar_Drop_Link_large.jpg

and Anti roll bar
Anti_Roll_Bar__Front__large.jpg

which has a pair of bushes on its mounts
DSCF0587.jpg

There is also a bearing and bush assembly at the top of the McPherson strut assembly

Front_Strut_Top_Mount_large.jpg

along with the wishbone bushes

RP3627R.jpg

Depending on how / when the noise occurs and what it sounds like, it could be any of the above does it happen when stationary turning the steering wheel?? ... Does it happen driving over small bumps/ uneven surfaces? Is it a clonk? a rattle? or a broken mattress in a hotel honeymoon suite boing type noise? Any excessive play in the steering? any abnormal tyre wear? any play in the wheel when the car is jacked up?

(as you can probably tell its hard to easily diagnose even a simple problem with a vague description ;)

I drove home tonight and i noticed a clicking noise which got faster as i accelerated.. anyone care to guess what the cause of it was? :devil:

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Andy Monty said:
I drove home tonight and i noticed a clicking noise which got faster as i accelerated.. anyone care to guess what the cause of it was? :devil:

Stone it tyre.

Back