15136_372519705437_618715437_10126857_6236717_n_1_.jpg

Grande Punto My Black Tjet

Introduction

My Black Tjet Project

Thought id show how my little tjet has progressed over the last 2years :)
(bare with me ill be editing this post for a while as i get used to it lol)

I did pretty much nothing to the tjet for a year,

Firstly im not much into ICE installs, so in the audio front i only added a pre-amped subwoofer in the back, 10inch fusion tube type, the reason because it came with a remote and its suprisingly powerfull and being that it has a hard shell the boot is still very useable!

DSCN02561.JPG

DSCN02131.JPG

Next i got a Red GSR induction, not any power gains but the sound is worth it ;)

15136_372533955437_618715437_10126915_688020_n.jpg

Soon after my custom cat-back exhaust from Torque Exhausts in enfield, again power gains wernt noticeable, i asked for a 2 and 1/4 inch bore straight threw pipe and sound wise i wanted the rally pops and crackles and a nice burble on idle and they provided (y) finished with a twin 3inch tips.

DSCN0025.JPG

15136_372519660437_618715437_10126855_1260728_n_1_.jpg

15136_372519705437_618715437_10126857_6236717_n_1_.jpg
Reactions: GotGrande
hey mate, ive just read all of your thread, you had a very nice GP there, the engine was very nice, i would have been a bit annoyed with those figures to if it was mine, still nice and fast for what it was though, also started reading your TT thread last week, keep up the good work,

Memories indeed, do miss your gp now.

it was one of the legendary gps's on here :p yeah i miss it sometimes

hey mate, ive just read all of your thread, you had a very nice GP there, the engine was very nice, i would have been a bit annoyed with those figures to if it was mine, still nice and fast for what it was though, also started reading your TT thread last week, keep up the good work,

thankyou man, i do love my cars tbh playing with them is more fun than anything else :eek: my tt is getting there ot finised yet though!

He was more annoyed when my Abarth beat him :) and then got a bit more annoyed that my old T-Jet that someone else brought off me and was driving was not to far behind!

Did you sell it to someone local to you?

If I remember correctly the bloke that came to collect it drove a fair distance, so not local

Yes you may :p

performance wise all he did is change the intercooler, induction kit and change the turbo and get a remap. considering the standard Abarth is on 155bhp on that turbo, 21bhp from the intercooler and some pipes and the remap is not bad at all. Yes i know the turbo is undertuned but shouldnt expect massive gains, its a 1.4 not a 2.4

performance wise all he did is change the intercooler, induction kit and change the turbo and get a remap. considering the standard Abarth is on 155bhp on that turbo, 21bhp from the intercooler and some pipes and the remap is not bad at all. Yes i know the turbo is undertuned but shouldnt expect massive gains, its a 1.4 not a 2.4

lol the irony is after i said that my internet went down, obviously god dissagreed with my input haha

i was just going to say the same thing, the inlet pipe, all my silicone hoses, the engine covers were all obviously just for prettiness sake, the only real performance parts were the turbo, intercooler induction and remap and considering the ecu on the tjet isnt as responsive as the abarths it wasnt a total fail, as said its a 1.4 and the turbo isnt massive either despite being better than the tjets. as i said i enjoyed doing the work and seeing what could be achieved as much as a 19year old insurance premium would allow,

but now im 21 going 22 insurance is low enough for me to move onto more powerfull engines. if id gone outright for power i wouldve changed the actuator the injectors the fuel pump and then new cams con rods basically a full rebuild and wasted huge amounts of money on a car that is already quickly depreciating but for the money spent the increases were very reasonable :)

Im not disagreeing that its good for a 1.4

But when other t-jets see around 160bhp with filter/exhaust and map it's a bit dissapointing that the abath turbo didnt add more.

Back