DSCF0156.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) my black mk2 punto

Introduction

Ive been looking around the forum for a while now. But havent posted much, so heres my punto. Got her a few months ago.

Can't drive the car yet though on my own, test is on the 17th april.

All ive done so far, is a set of alloy wheels and a rather crude diy job tinting the rear lights.

Not sure what mods to do next, i want it to look smart, and not like a chavmobile.

DSCF0156.JPG

DSCF0159.JPG

DSCF01651.JPG
NICE! agree with last post good luck on the driving test(y)

Yeh abarth side skirts would look really good. You could do with finding a Black Sporting or a HGT in a scrappy and taking the bumpers and sideskirts, maybe even the wheels aswell.

I think MK2B lights are a subtle improvement to the MK2 aswell.

Looks in good nick though! (y)

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. Im going to tint my lights darker, do you have to mask off the reflectors, or dont you need to? It was my understanding that you couldnt tint your relfectors because of the mot :confused:

I will be on the look out for colour coded bumpers and abarth skirts (y)

Also ordered some 35mm lowering springs, is it kind of job you could do on the drive at home, or would a garage have to do it.

better to do in garage you need spring compressor to do the fronts plus lot easier on a ramp. im lucky my mate did mine at work.

Yeh you probably are better off taking it to a garage. I tried to do it myself last weekend, got a spring clamp, but the two bolts at the bottom of the shocks were corroded solid, covered them in plus gas and spent a couple of hours trying to hit/twist them out without success!

Thanks 4 the comments :)

Got my springs today, im going to start ringing round for quotes, what do you think is a reasonable price to fit them?

Also are the rear badges bolted on or just glue, and if they are with glue, whats the best thing to get them off with. I think im just guna take the fiat one of the rear and leave the punto one on.

All help much appreciated (y)

Back