Seicento My Baby Sei

Currently reading:
Seicento My Baby Sei

It was bought off a member on here (who was moving country), then he had her for a week and approached me and asked me if I would be interested in a swap... DEAL!!!

Reasons why he wanted to swap were because he was not really interested in modified cars, and he knew I was. Some of you might know but shes a 1242 P75 block.

I got to her and she looked like it needed attention asap. (Like any other woman I suppose :rolleyes: )

She had a rocker leak which turned out to be a rocker bolt threaded (actually 2 of them were). New gasket and 2 slightly bigger bolts were wacked on.

Later in the week I noticed she was still leaking oil and there was a knocking coming from the rocker so again the rocker came back off only to discover some plastic floating around in there from the fuel rail clips (oops).

The oil leak was sourced to the sump so off came the sump and old sealant off and new sealant was pasted on.

The car has a split petrol tank which is currently awaiting for a response from fiat to say yay or nay for replacement.

There are some cracks in the filler where my friends trailer caught, but he said he would gladly see to that little problem for me at his expense (happy days).

Anyway enough of the blah blah, here is a few pictures

DSCF0259v1.jpg

DSCF0260v1.jpg

I picked her up on the Saturday before TRAX, managed to get her clean and replaced rocker gasket ready for Sunday :D.

Here is some of the added extras on her that were done by either me or the original owner:
DSCF0319.jpg

4 Branch and GSR induction kit

DSCF0306.jpg

Apex lowering kit all round

DSCF0315.jpg

Mmmm punto GT.....

DSCF0301.jpg

Things on my to do list:

. Get sideskirt re filled and painted (courtesy of my friend)
. Bigger 1.2 8v or 1.4 8v inlet manifold and throttle body plus remap
. Remove shin diggers (front splitters), as they don't suit a car unless it's decked on it's ass.
. Better and more grippier tyres like toyo r888's or something along the road legal track day.
. Fix the minor dents on passenger side.
. Sort the water pump leak, as I keep putting it off.
. Jetwash the underside and remove all the oil from the previous leaks.
. Wait for phone call from fiat to give the go ahead for replacement tank.
. Strip back seats out and Carpet where they used to be, and fit false floor for amp.
. Make 6x9 speaker pods.
. Buy and fit drilled and grooved discs and better pads

Since I picked her up me and my friend had a theory that the throttle body wasn't opening up fully due to some aftermarket pedals. We took the GSR kit off and put my foot on the pedal only to find it was only opening up just under 3 qaurters so off came the pedal.

The result scared both of us as she was very quick before hand, now shes even more fun to drive.

Found some more pictures from when I went out with my friends camera:

DSC_2523v1.jpg

DSC_2521v1.jpg

DSC_2524.jpg

That night the alternator belt snapped and car died just when I got into my street :)

Thanks

PS. I know about the cable under the bumper, it's now re attached :)

Last edited:
Update:

Took my sei over to get the skirting re-done, got her back today and it looks a millions times better and it's been done properly this time round rather than just filled in like the last owner had done. It's been fiber glassed in.

So that one thing off the list, but some new things added onto the to-do list (y).

. Get sideskirt re filled and painted (courtesy of my friend). Done
. Bigger 1.2 8v or 1.4 8v inlet manifold and throttle body plus remap
. Remove shin diggers (front splitters), as they don't suit a car unless it's decked on it's ass. Done
. Better and more grippier tyres like toyo r888's or something along the road legal track day.
. Fix the minor dents on passenger side.
. Sort the water pump leak, as I keep putting it off.
. Jetwash the underside and remove all the oil from the previous leaks.
. Wait for phone call from fiat to give the go ahead for replacement tank. Done
. Strip back seats out and Carpet where they used to be, and fit false floor for amp. Done false floor, just waiting for carpet to do the boot and seat area. Not happy with the amp sitting on false floor so I think i'm going to re-position it into the spare wheel well.
. Make 6x9 speaker pods. Done
. Buy and fit drilled and grooved discs and better pads
. Full engine re-build, new gaskets, shims, valves, springs, and a nice set of 16v pistons plus fit new cam and pulley. Oh and lightened and balanced flywheel.
. Tidy all the engine bay wiring up and hide it a bit better.

Thanks

Back