DSC_0327.jpg

DSC_0349.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

The pics from inside came out really badly. It's a new camera and I'm still learning.

But all the pics can be found here http://www.puntosports.co.uk/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=722&ppuser=

arc

this is where i stand
not keen on the composition on the first five shots. like the one of the exhaust though.

lighting was a bit pants really wasn't it. Might benefit from a bit of level correction in photochop?

these were my efforts

lambos.jpg

orange_lambo.jpg

police_cinq.jpg

all have had a quick tweak in photoshop.

OP
OP
Puntoboy

Puntoboy

Jaaaag man.
I couldn't be bothered to play with photoshop. Bad enough getting 180 raw images off the camera and resizing them.

So I'm guessing you don't like Punto's then?

arc

this is where i stand
i do like Punto's! Aside from them three pictures i took, theres a couple from inside which came out rubbish cos of the poor light.

when i said composistion, i didn't mean the subject matter - i might the way the shot is framed. generally you don't place the subject in the centre of the frame, but divide the frame into 9 boxes and place the subject on the intersection of the corners.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds <-- explains it better than me!

arc

this is where i stand
OP
OP
Puntoboy

Puntoboy

Jaaaag man.
indeed, useful app. doesn't work with RAW though!

I normally use abode DNG convertor to get them to a generic RAW, and then batch process them in photoshop applying basic sharpening, autolevels etc

There is a version for RAW format.

I was just taking a few quick pics of the Puntos. Wasn't trying anything flash. Only had the camera a few hours.

arc

this is where i stand
There is a version for RAW format.

I was just taking a few quick pics of the Puntos. Wasn't trying anything flash. Only had the camera a few hours.

wasn't aware there was a resizer, only a thumbnail / viewer

i wasn't having a dig or owt, just offering some constructive critque with regards to composistion :)

OP
OP
Puntoboy

Puntoboy

Jaaaag man.
That's OK.

I an eventually going to get round to learning how to use this damn camera. It's just gonna take some time.

arc

this is where i stand
i'm still learning as i go with mine, just takes time getting a feel for what settings to use for different shots, and different lenses and the like.

what camera did you get?

OP
OP
Puntoboy

Puntoboy

Jaaaag man.
I bought a Nikon D70 from a mate of mine. Came with a 18-70mm lens, fish-eye, slide on filter set, and a few others bits and bobs.

arc

this is where i stand
nice, i looked at them before i got my camera - nearly bought one, then found a d50 with lots of extras at a nice price :)