punto 3.jpg

Punto (Mk1) My 98 Punto Sporting

Introduction

Hi guys ,
As most of you know the hgt had to be taken off the road and stripped due to serious rust everywhere ....
I decided to get a cheap punto sporting found this on piston heads last week and off the wife and I went to wales to look at it .

Loved it and drove it away for £420

BARGAIN !!!

If any one has any yellow std mirrors please email me i hate the m3 chav mirrors ......lol:bang:

Few pics for you after a quick clean and wheel change (y)

Cheers Adz
After owning the punto a few weeks a quick update ..

lots of elbow grease for tcutting and waxing etc to make it yellow again !
fixed engine mount . washer jets . heater fan . etc etc

still need to fix blowing exhaust and rad fan is not working ...

how the car was when i got it ......... and one i took today
Comments please .
Adz

Attachments

• 05092009034.jpg
    05092009034.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 24092009062.jpg
    24092009062.jpg
    694.8 KB · Views: 43
New exhaust down pipe arrived today :D fitted it in 40 mins woo no more blowing exhaust ...... but i went to fit the back box and well i need to change the whole cat back to get the right dia pipe .... good job im cycling to work as it has no back box now doh ...:bang:

Adz

Attachments

• 05102009072.jpg
    05102009072.jpg
    1,006.6 KB · Views: 27
if its a cheap pattern part one make sure you keep the reciept, my sporting ruined one in 2 months, big crack near the lambda sensor.

i got one from euro car parts for £25 plus vat so cheap to replace thank god :) hope this one lasts more than 2 months lol, im putting my reciept up on my wall so i dont loose it haha.

Agreed much better but I can't help thinking sporting/GT alloys would improve it's looks 10x more

I've got to disagree as well as well...multispokes look far better on the Mk1 Punto. Fact.

here are two pics of my old sporting so you can see which look better:

Attachments

• sporting.JPG
    sporting.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00439.jpg
    DSC00439.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back