ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1363896315.548122.jpg

Seicento My 02 Sei 900

Introduction

hey guys just thought id pop this on!
new to the forum, my first post.
02 seicento, 900cc, 24k- proudly my first car :)
-DomImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1363896315.548122.jpg
id probably call it "different" ;) easy to find in a big car park! still only on my provisional, bought for £710 with blowing exhaust. new exhaust fitted with my dad and done approx 50 miles now (10 drives), super nippy and easy to drive in traffic. great choice for my first car IMO, provisional insurance £360 for 7 months, but my insurance when (if) i pass my test will be £1700. not cheap by any means but much less than i initially thought i was gonna be paying!
-Dom

No it won't mate, get on confused.com, insurethebox.com, get a telematics insurance from them, and before you go no thanks, take a minute to read up on what the box offers you. Trust me, had my license 4 months I was paying 1360, now I pay 541 with insurethebox.com. Check it out mate honestly

That's crazy! What part of the country do you live in? Has it previously been in a crash hence the low mileage? Maybe its worth doing a background check on the car. Do u have any points and are you the policy holder and owner of car?

i did a background check before i put in an offer and everything came through fine. ill do some more research on insurance when its closer to the time of getting my full licence :)

thats an X reg which is 2000 and 899s weren't made in 2002 only up to 2000 iirc...

Nice car though mate and i know how you feel about insurance as im on provisional too atm (y)

Welcome to the forum, looks like a great little first car, a car like that is perfect when your learning to drive, you got a pretty good deal on your insurance on my first year of insurance I was paying £3500 for a standard 1.2 8v fiat punto, its gone down to £2200 now I'm on my second year but its still bloody expensive especially being an apprentice!!!
Good luck on passing your test!

Nice little sei youve got there, welcome welcome welcome :) I cannot believe how much people are spending on insurance nowadays, im coming up to 25 and must have missed this silly insurance boom!!

Anyway summer is coming im sure youll be fine with plenty of lessons under your belt :)

Good luck and happy centoing :) :)

Welcome to the forum, looks like a great little first car, a car like that is perfect when your learning to drive, you got a pretty good deal on your insurance on my first year of insurance I was paying £3500 for a standard 1.2 8v fiat punto, its gone down to £2200 now I'm on my second year but its still bloody expensive especially being an apprentice!!!
Good luck on passing your test!
Ouch my first year on my Grande Punto 1.4 8v was £2900 and I thought I had it bad. Dropped to £1200 for second year with 1 year NCB :)

I cannot believe how much people are spending on insurance nowadays
Agreed! totally crazy prices - it does make me think though, i see countless young people driving new cars, how do they afford it?? All the younger people i know seem to be skint all the time - is that just because they have a car lol....

My first car was a 1973 Beetle and only cost £300 to insure, that was 11 years ago i think.

Anyhow, really like sei's in that burnt orange colour, seems quite rare too! (y)

Agreed! totally crazy prices - it does make me think though, i see countless young people driving new cars, how do they afford it?? All the younger people i know seem to be skint all the time - is that just because they have a car lol....

My first car was a 1973 Beetle and only cost £300 to insure, that was 11 years ago i think.

Anyhow, really like sei's in that burnt orange colour, seems quite rare too! (y)

My first car was a mk1 nissan micra :eek: 400quid fully comp lol

6 years later I now pay 400quid for the punto and 350 for the cinq :p

haha, don't worry i have some shocker cars too :eek: yep mine was around £300 for several years when i started driving until i was fully comp on an almost new sei sporting - wrote that off though, got 9 points in the process and then bought the cinq turbo, but even then i was not paying what people the age i was are paying for essentially stock cheap slow hatch backs.. The seicento i got now costs me about £400 a year, turbo and all the other mods declared, no claims or accidents etc in last 5 years, 5 years ncb (although that will be 6 years in a month or two, touch wood). I very much doubt i would have had as many different cars and mod's done to them if it cost as much to insure them all as it seems to now.

Pretty much, few months before I got my car I had money to go out all the time, do whatever I liked really. My entire first year of driving I spent completely skint. Not a single penny went on anything other than the car. :(
All I can say is that first years NCB is so important, if you don't drive like an idiot and get that years NCB you'll be rewarded quickly. My insurance is well under half the first year now (y)

Back