General Multiwagon Boot Problem

Currently reading:
General Multiwagon Boot Problem

Dom_S

Hi peeps,

Purchased a 52 plate stilo multiwagon and having a bit of an issue with the boot.

I can open the boot from the key and can also open the top half but when trying to open from the handle I get nothing!! :bang:

I've been able to open the boot by the handle over the last couple of days but came across the problem a few times but thought it was just me! I've turned the option of securing the boot of on the dashboard menu.

It also feels like there's no response from the button when pressed.
Can any one point me in the right direction? Could it be a fuse and if so, where do I even start to look??

Cheers

Dom :worship:

make sure the top half of the boot is properly shut. The main boot will not open if the top half is not shut properly.
When using the key to open the boot do not hold the boot button down too long as this will allow the top half to open instead of the full boot (very annoying the first time you do this, took me 10 minutes to realise what had happened!).

Does the top half still open OK? Could be fuses, micro switches or the boot handle itself.

If the microswitch is the problem, you will get the boot open warning on the dashboard. If it just doesn't open, it is most likely the switch. There is an emergency open, accessed from inside the car. On the boot catch itself, there is a small metal leaver under one corner. Flick it with a screwdriver and the boot will pop open.

Thanks guys (y)

The top half of the boot opens fine and I can open both the window section and the main boot from the remote.

If it is the switch is it easy to replace? And is it expensive?

When pressing the boot handle there's no feeling of pressure / popper when pressed.

Anything I can try or is it a trip to the garage?

Thanks guys (y)

The top half of the boot opens fine and I can open both the window section and the main boot from the remote.

If it is the switch is it easy to replace? And is it expensive?

When pressing the boot handle there's no feeling of pressure / popper when pressed.

Anything I can try or is it a trip to the garage?

If you are handy with a screwdriver (actually torx keys) you can remove the tailgate lining and take the handle off.
Otherwise it is a trip to the garage.
I believe fiat only sell the complete handle which then has to be painted to match your car. Expect a bill in excess of £200.

Thanks John, well I've rang the garage I've bought it from and will be taking back to get it checked along with a few other niggly bits next month!!(y)

:confused: well gents, thought I'd give you an update, all of a sudden it's started to work again and I can open the boot (y)...any ideas if I should be looking out for something??

I've never looked up close of a multiwagen, but is the handle anything like the 5 door where it's a rubber press-in on the handle? Because mine stopped working and turned out to be the computer in the car and needed resetting to fix mine. Physically there was nothing wrong with it, just the software!

Last edited:
Yeah it's like a soft rubber which you press. I checked the software on the computer but it said the boot lock was off. It's working for now so hopefully it'll stay that way!!

Back