General Multipla key code

Currently reading:
General Multipla key code

dragonzuiko

I am a new owner of a Fiat Multipla, it only came with one key. so i thought i would drive to Fiat for my key code, which was a 60 mile round trip.

They charged me £41.15 for my key code, i asked them why so much and they said its whats Fiat charges. last year i got my code for my Renault Espace, which was free from Renault, Renault said its a free because its against the law to charge you for information for your own car.

Does anybody have info on this ? why can Fiat charge so much when its free at Renault ?

can i just ask whilst on this subject. I have a 'y' reg Multipla, i got 2 blue keys when i got the car and now down to 1. It has just struck me, do i need a 'Red' key to make copies from?

you dont have a red key with the multipla, just two blue. i asked fiat how much a second key would cost they said £186 + vat. which is abit high.

yes i know, and buying your own key code is over the top as well. i have complained to Fiat and somebody was going to ring back, but they have not. i will have to ring them again tomorrow.

Back