General Multipla engine mounts

Oletimer

Just had my engine all but fall out, managed to get it home ok.
Anyone done these, looks like a pig of a job.
Any help would be gratefully redeived
George

klytus

just replaced the clutch dmf and seals in our 02 jtd
very easy to remove the mount arm, should be 2 bolts and 2 nut & bolts holding it on plus the long bolt that goes into the mount
make sure a jack is under the gearbox holding it safely
once u remove the mount arm the mount is easy to remove
a leadlamp will be useful i think a 17mm 19mm and poss a 18mm and maybe a 13 or 14 should be all u need sockets are best to remove the mount from the chassis
it is a very simple job to do altho our mounts were fine all round (y)
i read in another thread the n/s/f wishbones on a few multis going
ours was gone also i just replaced the bushes from a local factors
with a grinder its a 20 min job with a big hammer :devil:

peace

OP
OP
O

Oletimer

I ended up DIY'in em. They'll need replacing soon tho because once they fall apart they get 'soft and spongy' so any hard revs is met with movement of the engine.
I just wanted to see what made em tick, now I know I've awarded FIAT with yet another 'crap design' gold award :rolleyes:
Cheers
George

Kelbert1066

Wife hit a pot hole and two of the engine mounts snapped! it was only the fact that she was going a few miles an hour that no further damage was caused! £50 to tow into garage & £120 to replace engine mounts (including labour).

Kelbert

raineuk

Wife hit a pot hole and two of the engine mounts snapped! it was only the fact that she was going a few miles an hour that no further damage was caused! £50 to tow into garage & £120 to replace engine mounts (including labour).

Kelbert

If thats a multi then I would say you have a good deal. Its just cost me 130 for the rear and gearbox mounts from fiat. Now I just have to wait for them to arrive.