Technical Multipla: Cutting out when cold

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla: Cutting out when cold

frankharrison

Hi, I've just bought a 54 plate diesel Multipla.
When cold it starts first time but after a couple of minutes cuts out. Not all the time but when least expect it.
Sometimes it will blip on running but still keep going.
The engine mangement light will come on for the day then be out the next until it happens again.
Could it be a bad battery earth or even a blocked fuel filtre?
When I got the car the fuel was very low and I was running on fumes to fill up.
Somethimes as well there a rbbing noise lick a belt slipping. Not a sqeal but like leather rubbing on metal. On the driver's side.
I've seen other posts about EGR and Sensor but why would the management go out if it was these. It would stay on wouldn't it.
Any ideas would be great. I'm disabled and It's upsetting for me to have young lads push me to the side of the road when it cuts out.
Thanks
Frank

You need to get the a diagnostic read, most garages/mobile mechanics will be able to do this and advise what the problem is.
Cam sensor on the way out is a possibility but this doesn't normally throw up an error.

Thanks for reply. I'll have it checked. In fact I'm thinking of taking it to dealer I bought it from and see what he says.
Thanks again.

Just to let everyone know the dealer sorted it. It was the sensor. Seems to be running ok now.
:)

Back