Technical Multipla 2001 power stearing pump removal.

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla 2001 power stearing pump removal.

Hi thanks for letting me re join it sounds obvious what I'm about to ask but do I need to take wheel and plastic wing protector off to gain access to the stearing pump surly I do and will I need a crow foot spanner for this regards Ellbasteedo. 🤔

Hi, Ellbass here again, on the surface of it I seriously didn't know you had to drop the engine on the bug(maybe one side) to gain access to where the stearing pump on a jtd 1.9 diesel is but hay hoe all for the luv of my multipla 😜 regards Ellbasteedo.

No help just musings.
Never had power steering problem. Should I have changed fluid ?
For the timing belt there is a panel on wing ?

Does Aircon kit get in the way..or just the alternator?

I had a few failures with my JTDs.. but not PAS ( apart from throwing the drivebelt..) :)

Charlie
Hi, I was naive on the stearing pump it is actually located in a recess in the engine the pulley fell/ snapped of and thought it not to be to bigger pump boy was I wrong!!🥴, so got one for about £86 from a place in stoke on trent it's in to have it fitted mine is a 2001 slx so, no aircon on mine and it lives inbetween the alternator and crank pulley (if I remember rightly🤔) yeah drop the engine job which surprised me t b h it Hay! We love the bugs 😁

Back