Technical multipla 1910jtd engine problem

Currently reading:
Technical multipla 1910jtd engine problem

i have a 02 multipla jtd that wont take trottle,it starts and idles fine,it has no power what soever,when u rev it black smoke comes out the exhaust and leaves black soot on the ground,can someone please help,thanks

It could be one of the usual suspects, egr stuck open, maf or map sensor but the best place to start would be diagnostic software. Fiatecuscan is excellent and free,all you need is a cheap usb to obd2 cable off ebay to plug in.

With Cooky on this, you can eliminate the MAF sensor by unplugging it, the sensor is just to the right of the airbox on the inlet trunking.
However, this sounds more like turbo actuator or possibly stuck EGR, you can eliminate the EGR by blanking it, EGR is at the back right of the engine, the exhaust gases feed into the inlet manifold via a steel corrugated tube, locate this and split it at one of the joints by undoing the bolts (Don't lose the steel gasket)!
Using the gasket as a template, make a blanking piece out of a tin, put the blanking piece back where the steel gasket came from and tighten it up.
If this doesn't work, then I'd suspect turbo/turbo actuator, however check all the inlet trunking for splits/leaks including the turbo actuator vacuum tube (runs from turbo to turbo actuator sensor down to the left of the battery).

just an update on my multipla,changed the airflow meter it had plenty of power over 2000rpm and no power below 2000rpm a little bit annoying but thankfully we got the problem sorted by changing the map sensor and all is perfect again,so many more days of happy motoring to come,and thanks for all the help lads(y)(y)

Back