Technical MPI Sei fan circuit.

Currently reading:
Technical MPI Sei fan circuit.

All wiring is now restored to original spec. I MS Paint modified the circuit from the one in the technical manual, so that it applied to the non-aircon wiring I have. Attached for reference for others with MPI fan wiring issues.

Attachments

• Fan wiring.jpg
    Fan wiring.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 68
Can anyone confirm for definite at what temp (that it is currently aware of) the ECU turns the radiator fan on?

I have an OBDii based temperature gauge so I can see what temp the ecu thinks it has. It seems reasonable, 90 ish degC in normal use.
However, the fan doesn't run when in traffic. The engine temp goes up, and I can pull it down using the heater, but the radiator fan seems not to run.

My fan circuit is competely operational from the ECU connector to the fan, I can ground the socket in the ECU connector, the relay operates and the fan runs. All the fuses, relay, fan, wiring seem fine.

The ECU can see the temperature, but doesn't seem to turn the fan on ever. So, either it's trying to run the fan but can't (the output from the ecu is broken or the ground it uses for that output is not there) or it just isn't getting hot enough - although I'm pretty sure it is.

So, at what temp should the fan start? I think I've seen on at 97, off at 94 but don't know how true that is.

I could engineer a separate system as per SPI, but I still want to work out if the ECU is working properly or not.

Thanks

Rob

Back