General Moving forward (Car plans)

Currently reading:
General Moving forward (Car plans)

Which option...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi all,
Once again i need the masses to help me make my mind up :p

Basically im torn between 2 principles now: The urban streetracer style or the perfect trim unique style.. Let me run down the 2:

Urban Streetracer
We're talking stripped out low weight, bucket seats, harnesses, eventually low boost 1242 turbo. So it'll have lots of power, be a pain to insure and live with, but be immense fun. Maintenance and reliablity will be questionable, but thats all part of the game.

Unique Perfect Trim
He're we're talking something alot more special at the compramise on weight and ultimate performance. Keep the original seats and get them re-trimmed in black/yellow immitation leather (not got a few grand spare for the real stuff :( but the immitation stuff can be extremely close), black normal seatbelts, and have it all trimmed out perfectly. As for performance, im going back to the idea of the 16v conversion. It will have plenty out of the box power and reliablility (though engine work will still happen to get a bit more out of it :p), and more importantly be alot more unique - so stand out from the crowd so to speak.

Other considerations:
Ive got a car PC going in, and have black styled dash underway, so will be having some ICE - which is conflicting already with the low weight stripped out urban racer style, making the more luxury look more viable. But then the hold of you in the car is compramised unless the coach trimmers can add some extra foam to bulk it up a little :cool:

Ive also already got a set of buckets and harnesses. Harnesses are in perfect condition (4 point), but the buckets really need a retrim - so getting my current seats or the bucket seats retrimmed is going to be just as expensive...

The car is already lowered 40mm and has the abarth alloys, bigger brakes and abarth bodykit. Its staying yellow, and am smoothing most of it regardless of the 2 options above.

________
Right well thats pretty much explained i think. To be honest, after writing this out, im leaning much more to the luxury look and the 16v as it'll be much much more unique - especially with the moulded Car PC and proper retrim. Least then i can get some bass back into the car :eek:

ive gone for the as u call it "unique" option.

mainly cause in my eyes, if u want a proper street racer / stripped out / turbo'd cento, then it depends a lot on your job, how much travelin u do, etc. etc. I kno that if i was to do something like that, i would need another car as well, couldnt carry my work stuff in a car that was all stripped out. would cause havok! :bang:

and as u said, doing the 16v, with comfy stylish interior, but plenty of go out of the box is awesome, proper cruise car.... in fact, that is the sort of thing i was plannin on doin with my cento. :cool: (y) (y)

mase said:
ive gone for the as u call it "unique" option.

mainly cause in my eyes, if u want a proper street racer / stripped out / turbo'd cento, then it depends a lot on your job, how much travelin u do, etc. etc. I kno that if i was to do something like that, i would need another car as well, couldnt carry my work stuff in a car that was all stripped out. would cause havok! :bang:

and as u said, doing the 16v, with comfy stylish interior, but plenty of go out of the box is awesome, proper cruise car.... in fact, that is the sort of thing i was plannin on doin with my cento. :cool: (y) (y)

Yea know what you mean, im putting between 170 and 250 miles a week on the cento at the moment, and thats just going to uni 4 days a week and other odd little runs to the gym etc :( Think buckets will be too much for that, and long motorway drives could be ultra tedious :p

Luke1985 said:
Yea know what you mean, im putting between 170 and 250 miles a week on the cento at the moment, and thats just going to uni 4 days a week and other odd little runs to the gym etc :( Think buckets will be too much for that, and long motorway drives could be ultra tedious :p

totally.... even my reclininers get uncomfortable after a long drive, cant imagine how bad it would be with fixed back ones.

and its not just that, it would be a beast to handle in the wet, dont kno if youve ever driven a stripped out cento, but the back is really light and can get a bit twitchy, and that was in a 1108 with an induction kit and exhaust, let alone 1242 low boost turbo.

i just think a street racer stylee beast is a good weekend / track day car, but ideally id want a mean cruiser as an everyday car (y) :cool: (y)

mase said:
totally.... even my reclininers get uncomfortable after a long drive, cant imagine how bad it would be with fixed back ones.

and its not just that, it would be a beast to handle in the wet, dont kno if youve ever driven a stripped out cento, but the back is really light and can get a bit twitchy, and that was in a 1108 with an induction kit and exhaust, let alone 1242 low boost turbo.

i just think a street racer stylee beast is a good weekend / track day car, but ideally id want a mean cruiser as an everyday car (y) :cool: (y)

Yea :) Well parts up for sale it would seem then :D
And badger, gotta have ICE ;) No good being an ICE mod with no ICE. Like being gangster with no bling innit ;) :p

Luke1985 said:
Yea :) Well parts up for sale it would seem then :D
And badger, gotta have ICE ;) No good being an ICE mod with no ICE. Like being gangster with no bling innit ;) :p

lol, yea i noticed youd just stuck them for sale! (y)

personally i think black vinal with yellow stitching seats in your car would rock.... hard :slayer:

should be awesome mate, im defo goin to be keepin my eye on this one. :cool:

Fixed back buckets are bad if theyre set too low.

My drivers side one is raised 60mm higher than the passenger one. Yes it makes the drivers roll centre a bit higher, so the driver is unlikely to be as enthusiastic as they would be if they were at the same height as the passenger seat. But its actually comfortable!

Ive gone for the Unique look tbh, as I really really like the idea!!

Last edited:
arseofbox said:
Fixed back buckets are bad if theyre set too low.

My drivers side one is raised 60mm higher than the passenger one. Yes it makes the drivers roll centre a bit higher, so the driver is unlikely to be as enthusiastic as they would be if they were at the same height as the passenger seat. But its actually comfortable!

Ive gone for the Unique look tbh, as I really really like the idea!!

Should be perfect, just going to take a mission to get it all done properly. Probably wont be all done ready for the show season, but will be most of the way there. Engine not going anywhere till at least next year though, just dont have the funds to play with :(

Back