Technical MOT on Cinquecentos before 1.08.95

Currently reading:
Technical MOT on Cinquecentos before 1.08.95

Oldschool

Banned
When I took the other day a N-reg Cinquecento Sporting to the MOT test the tester thought he has got to fail the car on emissions because it was slightly above the CO threshold.

To his surprise when feeding the car data into the computer, the printout showed that the cat test is not required. To the surprise of the staff all that is required is the the HC is no more than 1200ppm and the CO no more than 3.5%.

This does not apply to all cars before that date. But it will apply to most of the Cinquecentos and possibly some Puntos, which means this is good news for the modders as they wouldn't need a cat altogether.

is this going off data of first registered?

does it have to be before 1-08-1995? Mine was first registered on 1-08-1995. does this mean i can do away with the cat and have silly emissions (despite just passing with uber low emissions!)

it's always been tested as if it has a cat. i dont think the garage ive taken it for the last 3 MOTs checked if it could go through as a catless car.
the fail limit for HC was 200PPM and CO was 0.30%. sounds like a cat'd test to me!

if you have changed the engine then they need to test the emissions for that engine not the car but you have to take proof of the engines age. and there is still limits for the emissions pre 1.08.95.

arc said:
it's always been tested as if it has a cat. i dont think the garage ive taken it for the last 3 MOTs checked if it could go through as a catless car.
the fail limit for HC was 200PPM and CO was 0.30%. sounds like a cat'd test to me!

Of this exempt is written in MOT station handbook, but nobody I knew as testers were able to explain it and the guy I went to the other day said to me that he is upset that it never was cleared out by VOSA. Every tester was under the impression that all cars after cat mandatory date would have to have the cat test. Only the ones who have not the exemption would not and how to find out was never clear.

With the new system it will be clear as all data have to feed into the computer and the VOSA database comes back with the requirements.

You still have to make sure that your car is exempt.

mine was MOT'd last week, and i got one of them new MOT sheets. It was tested as having a cat though. Shouldnt it have flagged up that the car should be tested without one.
What was the date on the car you just had MOT'd ?

arc said:
this is awesome news. BYE BYE CAT. BYE SENSIBLE CAM. BYE BYE 'SAFE' IGNITION TIMING. BUWHAHAHAHA

Dear Jimmy, Can you please fix it for me to make the latest findings on MOT's to be false, just so Arc can't lose his CAT. Thank You I.Lambert M'Bro Age 23

No offence Arc :p:D

pfft. i could loose the cat and still pass the cat emissions test you know :p

Attachments

• fix.jpg
    fix.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 35
Back