Styling modifying gsr induction

Currently reading:
Styling modifying gsr induction

ok then, might need a bit of help, iv looked at replacing the hoses on my car, with silicon ones from http://www.auto-performance.co.uk/.
iv just priced up replacing number 3 on the diagram going from the turbo to the maf with a; 90 degree elbow, a t-piece, and a 90 degree reducer. (cant seem to upload the diagram showing number 3, but its the one on page 1 of the thread uploaded by bladecs01) . its going to be around £55 from that company. however, i cant find a piece, or know how im going to take another pipe from this section to where the filter can be.
anyone any ideas?
cheers (y)

I had a nice present arrive for me today :D,
i'l try and get it on in next few days, im off until next tuesday, so should be done by then.
quick question for everyone that's already had one, what connectors/clamps did you use to connect the pipes, the normal hose clips?

Attachments

• IMG00046-20110426-1635.jpg
    IMG00046-20110426-1635.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG00044-20110426-1634.jpg
    IMG00044-20110426-1634.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 12
HI,
where did you get that from, I want one!!!!!!! looks like new and I thought you could'nt get them anymore. Shows how little i know!!!

I emailed cph on performancefiat forum.
He says he is moving abroad, to India (I think,) any time now. as far as im aware, this is the only 1.3 gsr kit in existence, im not sure if its been tested, as I offered him to use my car for testing, because he said he hadnt tested the kit to ensure it meets his standards etc. im researching now some stuff such as connectors, or hump hoses etc to get it on.
I may pay a visit to roose motor sport tommorow in lincoln, to let them have a look, so i dont end up buying wrong stuff for it.

not yet, I need a hump hose to connect the 2 pipes. I went to roose motor sport in Lincoln at the weekend, hes a performance and silicon hosing, and engine upgrades guy but due to bank holidays it was closed. I need to get a connector, and jubilee clips, and also let him see whether I need to bolt it to anything. he says he's open this Saturday, so il go then, get the bits, and by saturday/sunday itl be on (y). Il update you then :)

Last edited:
not yet, I need a hump hose to connect the 2 pipes. I went to roose motor sport in Lincoln at the weekend, hes a performance and silicon hosing, and engine upgrades guy but due to bank holidays it was closed. I need to get a connector, and jubilee clips, and also let him see whether I need to bolt it to anything. he says he's open this Saturday, so il go then, get the bits, and by saturday/sunday itl be on (y). Il update you then :)

Sure you just dont need the MAF between the two pipes to connect them?

Pete not give you any fitting advice?

Hump hose does not connect two silicone pipes its a moveable segment for if part of the hose work is expected to experience ecessive movement.

Sure you just dont need the MAF between the two pipes to connect them?

Pete not give you any fitting advice?

Hump hose does not connect two silicone pipes its a moveable segment for if part of the hose work is expected to experience ecessive movement.
i could try that, i dint get anything on how to fit it, or anything, iv had a good look myself, and know how to fit it, but didn't think about the MAF to connect it, thanks (y)
oh is it? im not sure where i heard/read that a hump was a connector then.

Iv just had a quick rough measure, and the gsr pipe is a bit thicker than the pipe going into the MAF, but the pipe walls are thicker, so they will be the same size diameter holes :D
thanks Alex (y), i can do it Friday afternoon, or Saturday morning now (y)

Iv just had a quick rough measure, and the gsr pipe is a bit thicker than the pipe going into the MAF, but the pipe walls are thicker, so they will be the same size diameter holes :D
thanks Alex (y), i can do it Friday afternoon, or Saturday morning now (y)

MAF is 70mm IIRC, just looks odd with the silly place its in!

Back