Modified Stilo!

Currently reading:
Modified Stilo!

Sid

(n)I've got a February 2002 Stilo JTD, told insurance I fitted 16 inch Abarth alloys - would have had these as standard if it was a bit newer and got charged extra for that, fitting the tiny (Fiat accessory) spoiler on the top of the tailgate had to be declared, Just fitted Eibach shockers all round to make it handle like it should in the first place and probably made it safer and had my premium bumped up 75 quid!!!!! wouldn't mind but its on standard springs and therefore not lowered.......
Any excuse to rake in some extra cash it seems to me, anyone know of a company who aren't so harsh on modded (hardly!) cars?:cry:

Just fitted Eibach shockers all round to make it handle like it should in the first place and probably made it safer and had my premium bumped up 75 quid!!!!! wouldn't mind but its on standard springs and therefore not lowered.......
Eibach shocks but not springs?

Most of us kept with the standard shocks, but used Eibach springs to make it handle better.

:confused:Got my shockers from Eurosport, said I wanted to make it handle better but definately didn't want to lower it so they said just fit the Eibachs, couldn't find any uprated springs that didn't lower it too......unless of course someone on here knows different, anyway Eibachs have done the trick:D

Am always a bit cautious about declaring mods.....insurance companies can use any excuse to refuse a claim, last thing you want is your car totalled and them refuse payout because they've found it none standard......I'm not taking the risk..............

Back