Technical mode control button

Currently reading:
Technical mode control button

clarkie17

hi the mode control button on my daughters fiat 500 2013 is stuck will only move between the feet position and the feet and face position is there a fix for this that can be done by a novice or is this a garage repair

That's good, pull off the control panel(it just prizes off), using a pair of pliers try turning the post, or turn over and try moving the arm attached to the knob stem, it's possible the knob has slipped if it's the same remove the trim around and under the gear stick and see if you can move the actual air movement flaps don't be too rough!

Attachments

• 20190925_140839.jpg
    20190925_140839.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Yup mine did the same thing!! I just gently pulled it off and used pliers to move the control stalk it’s rounded with a flat edge that must match the rear of the controls or it will be out of sync

That's good, pull off the control panel(it just prizes off), using a pair of pliers try turning the post, or turn over and try moving the arm attached to the knob stem, it's possible the knob has slipped if it's the same remove the trim around and under the gear stick and see if you can move the actual air movement flaps don't be too rough!

hi I have taken the trim off from around and under the gear stick but cannot see the air flaps you mention I gather they will be in where the air comes out of but cannot feel anything inside any advice I say I was a novice

Back