• uno_94

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JonnyBoy

Fat pigeon... APPLE!
D'oh! :eek: :bang:

Sorry Joe! I am officially a numpty :shakehead:

This is the new restarted poll (for the second time, missed the pol out on the other, one of those days!), hopefully I haven't screwed anything else up on this one :rolleyes: ... if a moderator would be so kind as to delete the other ones and everyone can vote again, that seems to be the fairest way :)

Vote for the one you like best, simple! ;)
Thumbnails are clickable to see full-size pic.

For reference, this is the original:

Alex:

brickfoot:

Cinq_Sport_BiG_DaVE:

joecinq:

KoArAnG:

luke1985:

Neofolis:

serin:

uno_94:

Poll closes in 3 days so get voting!! :D

Last edited:
Cheers JB :)

I was thinking about voting for uno 94, but i feel his 'engine' work seems very questionable :p

Some nice cars there, hard choice between a few for me....

I actually didn't think uno 94 was so witty! I wish I had thought of that! He nearly gets my vote!

*I did spend 3 minutes comparing the cars trying to work out what he had done before the explanation was given btw ;)*

Thought i would just comment on how very quiet this thread is .. Considering how cool some of the cars look... What happened to all the people who voted on the 1st thread, have they re-voted ?

I have and I can't be bothered to justify it again but I voted for you :)

I take it that the same rule applies, where the winner has to host the next one ?
Im kinda hoping that i don't win because i don't think i will have much time next week to sort it all out. I only do the modding because i enjoy seeing what can be done to cars with photoshop. It's very nice to get some votes because it makes it worthwhile, and knowing that other people like what you have done is really cool.
I have a few ideas about what car to submit IF the vote stays the same, could be interesting to see what you'll do with it.

Well I don't think I'll be spending as long on the next one. I must have spent 60 hours plus on this one, mainly as a reaction to getting zero votes last time, but having received some votes this time, there won't be the same compulsion. That said, I do tend to get carried away a bit with these things and sometimes I feel the need to change something that requires loads of airbrushing afterwards to make it look right. I certainly don't think I'll bother trying to make the reflections look realistic, that takes sodding ages.

When you start modding cars, it takes ages to get things right...your next one won't take as long mate :)

For reflections, i copy parts from the new backgroud (or another picture) Then put them into a new layer. Now change the shape of it, to make it look more realistic and then use the eraser tool to get it just right. Then select 'overlay' from the drop down menu...Lower the opacity if needed. This SHOULD make it look more realistic.

Koa, pick any vehicle you want... the worse it looks, the better :D A restoration project would be sweet! Just make sure its high res... ;)

Thanks to all who have voted for me :) And if anyone needs help on photoshop, just send me a PM and i will try to help the best i can...

joecinq said:
Koa, pick any vehicle you want... the worse it looks, the better :D A restoration project would be sweet! Just make sure its high res... ;)...
I haven't won yet mate ;) ... But just in case I have a choice of two images, both are 1024x768 one IS a restoration job but the other one is a really intersesting one, not too sure which one to use yet..

KoArAnG said:
I haven't won yet mate ;) ... But just in case I have a choice of two images, both are 1024x768 one IS a restoration job but the other one is a really intersesting one, not too sure which one to use yet..

:tempt:

Your choice, but the restoration would make it a little more challenging imo :D

joecinq said:
When you start modding cars, it takes ages to get things right...your next one won't take as long mate :)

Hmmm, well I've been doing it for about 12 years now, you would think I would be getting quicker some time soon then.

I have tried your approach with reflections, but they usually look a little flat, because the origianl image doesn't have the same contours as what you are blending them with. My new approach is to blend the luminance of an image with the car with varying amounts of transparency then distort it to suit, but it leaves rough edges which require airbrushing and sometimes a slight hue/lightness shift.

Neofolis said:
Hmmm, well I've been doing it for about 12 years now, you would think I would be getting quicker some time soon then.

I have tried your approach with reflections, but they usually look a little flat, because the origianl image doesn't have the same contours as what you are blending them with. My new approach is to blend the luminance of an image with the car with varying amounts of transparency then distort it to suit, but it leaves rough edges which require airbrushing and sometimes a slight hue/lightness shift.

LOL!! Should have known... but 60 hours is ages! Nice effect though ;)

With my method, they will look flat if they're not erased properly. Although i get what you mean, changing transparency would make it look better.... I might try your method on the next one :)

Back