DSC_3337-W1000.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) mk2b Sporting 16v..

Re: mk2b Sporting 16v

Not sure, perhaps it is just because the wheel is turned? Not something I have noticed.

How do I get the thumbnail preview on the thread info?

thanks

It won't ever be lowered, just not to my taste really, nor will I stick a big exhaust on. I want nice, understated power.

Considering tinting the rear 3, but not sure whether to go for 20% or less, as a friend who has a black Ibiza just got his done 20% and it's barely noticeable as it's a black car. I feel 5% may be a bit much though. Really not sure! Plus it's fairly pricey.

Other than that, getting some abarth floor mats with yellow trim to match the seats, and that is about it until I want something new again! (soon)

thanks

Looking good even better with that low milage imagine there aint much wear n tear.

First pic definatly looks like the front has been lowerd and the back not. however it could just be the way the pic was taken as they do look different in pics.

Im very sure it hasn't been lowered, what I will do in the morning is grab a pic on the straight side on, wheels straight, just to check.

Thanks

not 100% percent certain if its the same for a mk2b but a few litle things you can do to make the car look alot better is:
- de badge the punto sign of the back? using hairdryer and a credit card,then wd40 and a micro fibre cloth to get the gunk of,then t cut.
-de bump strip it,using exactly the same technique as above.
-and im not sure but if mk2b have that black bag kinda film on the tops of the doors that can simply be peeled of and wd40 and t cut to get the glue off.
-de tango front lights??
-change yellow bulbs to xenon ones,and change rear license plate bulb to a white led??
-paint callipers and drums black

this can make a stock car look really clean and fresh sorry for the big paragraph but i really think you would like the outcome haha

Hey thanks for the tips, I've noticed a lot of this on many Puntos, some parts I like, some I don't.

I want to keep the bump strips, as, whilst im still driving it to college, the bump strips serve their purpose very well indeed.
Not sure about the bag on the door, will have a look.
De-Tango? Little confused with that one
Xenon bulbs, yup, or HID's, that may be coming soon
Paint drums/calipers - yes, planning on that happening, just not sure when or what colour. Black seems the safest, but the seats are yellow, and I think red looks the best.. so I need to have a think about that one. What paint should I use?

Not sure about the debadging though, removing the "Punto" wouldn't look right because the sporting badge would still be there on the right.

thanks for the tips, though.

Hey thanks for the tips, I've noticed a lot of this on many Puntos, some parts I like, some I don't.

I want to keep the bump strips, as, whilst im still driving it to college, the bump strips serve their purpose very well indeed.
Not sure about the bag on the door, will have a look.
De-Tango? Little confused with that one
Xenon bulbs, yup, or HID's, that may be coming soon
Paint drums/calipers - yes, planning on that happening, just not sure when or what colour. Black seems the safest, but the seats are yellow, and I think red looks the best.. so I need to have a think about that one. What paint should I use?

Not sure about the debadging though, removing the "Punto" wouldn't look right because the sporting badge would still be there on the right.

thanks for the tips, though.

-Fair does with the bump strips
-The bags defo have to go you will love the difference trust
-de tango basically means take your front headlights apart and take out the orange bit inside the lense,just makes them look much cleaner really
-HID=WIN! haha
-I personally think black on your car atleast for the drums and then maybe a colour on the callipers if you really want,i personally just think newer cars should be a bit more sleek thats why i suggested black for calliper and drum.
-when i said punto i didnt know the sporting one was on there haha,they can both be removed and they make a big deiffernce not only makeing the car look a little smoother and sleek but a little sportier aswell.
-also the white leds on the rear license plate may not sound worth it but for 1 pound of ebay it makes your car look so much cleaner from behind at night.
-and one last thing could be metal pressed license plates they make any car look better especially puntos :D hope this helped,i wouldnt have wasted my time typing this if it wasnt gunna look good haha

edit:any high temperature metal paint,or just type in on ebay brake calliper paint.

Last edited:

mk2bs dont need detangoing they come detango'd as stock, just go on ebay and buy tinted side repeaters there only like a 5er and look alot better, and ye get rid of the punto on the back , buy a debadged grill (only 15 quid) looks great , paint your back break disks with black amarite and paint the frount ones red, also i agree with keeping the side rubbers, but get them colour coded with the car, rear tints always look good, i got the darkest you can and it looks good, get a suntrip on the frount with tint also

Alright, thanks for typing all this out, I'll have a look into all of it!!! Like the idea of the metal plates, and I need to do a mass change of all the bulbs in the car with LEDs, the reading light, interior light, boot light and plate light. And the side repeaters in black, grand idea , will check that out right away.

thanks so much

Evening Faz, I wondered how long it would take you to appear on here ;)

Liking the suggestions. We'll sort out those interior LEDs tomorrow.
Black side repeaters will look sweet! Let me know when you order some, you can get me a couple too :p

HIDs on a MK2b are unfortunately illegal; I don't know how you want to play it but a set of Osram Nightbreakers are good enough if you want to keep it legal.

I agree with you that you want to keep the sporting badge - you want people to know you have the 1.4 sporting!! Who wouldn't! I have seen a few that have put the 'punto' badge just above and to the left of the 'sporting' one, but I'm not convinced on that.

Maybe just some red scorpion (not Abarth, just red background with white scorpion) badges to replace the fiat one, and that will compliment the single red 'sporting' badge! :D

De-badged grill makes it look a bit too 'euro'.. I personally don't like it, but I know a lot of people do and I'm not going to knock it. The other option would be to replace it with a scorpion badge or something.

Change the colour of the LEDs in the dials would look nice! White maybe?:yum:

And for God's sake, get rid of that awful Chavtastic headunit! :yuck:

dont worry about all the typing buddy haha :D thats what this forums for advice and tips

and reading the above comment i can only give my opinion whoever you choose is upto you but i personally would rather be rid of both punto and sporting badges and have a nice smoother rear end,plus not having the sporting on there gives mr 1.0ltr corsa a little surprise at the lights ;)

Brilliant, yeah didn't take long, searched long and hard for good Fiat forum!

Good point there Jackie, but the problem with the Corsa boys (as MrChris will agree) is they are far too damn cocky, they'll have a go at anything!

One more thing we gotta sort out - the aerial is almost as bent as a certain Seat driver we know, needs a nice low profile one :p

And yeah, the HU has gotta go. Simple as.

xFaz congratulations on picking her up. She's a really nice example and looks great in the black. Hardy any miles on her too.

I read in a previous post that you're a college student? I assume that you'll be about 17-20 years old then, correct? I was just wondering how much you're paying for insurance with it being the 1.4 and all? If you don't want to disclose, I understand but I'd be interesting in knowing.

Fellow MK2B owner, 1.2 16v though. Insurance is just such a killer. Welcome to the forums also!

Re: the Abarth trim mats, I bought these: Punto Mk2 Abarth Mats

The only quibble I have with them is that the drivers one moves around a lot, and my feet always catch on the lip of the centre rectangle bit. Oh, and for some reason the rear mat behind the drivers door doesn't fit. The mat comes like it does in the picture, but the 'hole' is rectangular, nowhere for that sticky-out bit to go, unlike the passenger side :s

I have a black beesting aerial that I bought, and I honestly thought it was crap. Signal was very sketchy and rarely got a good lock on a station. You can have it see how you get on with it but I suspect you'll be going on eBay to buy the genuine one, as I did.

I agree with you JackieBoy92, but even if you take those off, the boot is still quite busy.. What with the rear wiper, badge and boot lock, but every little helps I suppose!! :p

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back