Photo-0143.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) mk2b punto sporting

Introduction

:worship:my new 1.4 mk2b punto sporting its an 05 with 11000 miles:slayer:

can someone with one tel me how to get the range to work on the trip the numbers it comes up with just dont seem right
some new pics after iv sent all day cleaning and waxing her agen i might have to buy a digital camera to give you all a treat of a half distance pic

Attachments

• Photo-0197.jpg
    Photo-0197.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Photo-0196.jpg
    Photo-0196.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Photo-0193.jpg
    Photo-0193.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Photo-0194.jpg
    Photo-0194.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Photo-0192.jpg
    Photo-0192.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 39
this is everthing i plan to get done to the car withing a year let me no what you think

(1)wheels not to sure yet need some help this is what i think
a white compomotive mo
b get the ones on the car powercoated in black or white
c deep dish

(2)
coilovers dont no witch ones yet but whatever are best for performance round corners

(3)turbo or supercharger
only people i no who can do this is jcr racing so if anyone noes anyone els let me no

jcr supercharger should see me around 150bhp

i relly wont a turbo that well give me around 180bhp with uprated pistons ect

(4) brakes
what is my best bet for the brakes remembering they might have to stop 180bhp??? could i get rear disks

(5) exhaust
jcr do an exhaust dont no if its anygood tho would a supersprint still work after the car has a turbo or supercharger on it??

(6) get a new gsr induction kit custom made for the car

(7)window tints mayb

and b4 anyone say it yes i no all this is going to cost me around £7000 but i love cars and at the end of it all im going to have one of the best fiat show cars around and it well get to set on the ff stand everytime

Last edited:
it dont matter anymore im going with coilovers so riping all the old stuff out do need some help on what coilovers to get tho ill be ordering them in the next 3weeks

(y)

And yes I've heard of JCR Engineering. Seem pretty good. Personally I'd look for a T-jet engine then upgrade the turbo to the one they use on the Bravo / Abarth GP should be fairly simple drop-in job for someone who knows what they are doing (along with ECU and loom etc etc).

Last edited:
(y)

And yes I've heard of JCR Engineering. Seem pretty good. Personally I'd look for a T-jet engine then upgrade the turbo to the one they use on the Bravo / Abarth GP should be fairly simple drop-in job for someone who knows what they are doing (along with ECU and loom etc etc).

whats rong with turboing the engine i have its only got 12000miles on it and it runs 107.3bhp standard so you no its a good one

whats rong with turboing the engine i have its only got 12000miles on it and it runs 107.3bhp standard so you no its a good one

Because the crank, con-rods, pistons basically the whole bottom end isn't rated for that power so life expectancy will be very poor unless you get forged alternatives for all these parts (very ££££'s). You will also need to lower compression with either a spacer gasket (dodgy way) or by new pistons.

Although the T-jet is very similar to the 1.4 16v they re-made the parts i've just mentioned for the T-jet for the extra strength.

You could by all these parts from fiat and fit them to you engine but IMO thats more work (and expensive) than dropping a whole T-jet engine in from a salvage / donor car along with ECU.

Last edited:
Because the crank, con-rods, pistons basically the whole bottom end isn't rated for that power so life expectancy will be very poor unless you get forged alternatives for all these parts (very ££££'s). You will also need to lower compression with either a spacer gasket (dodgy way) or by new pistons.

Although the T-jet is very similar to the 1.4 16v they re-made the parts i've just mentioned for the T-jet for the extra strength.

You could by all these parts from fiat and fit them to you engine but IMO thats more work (and expensive) than dropping a whole T-jet engine in from a salvage / donor car along with ECU.
is the tjet engine a straight swap??? am i right in thinking get the new engine and loom and geting it fitted well be around £1000 to £2000

Last edited:
is the tjet engine a straight swap??? am i right in thinking get the new engine and loom and geting it fitted well be around £1000 to £2000

Well not quite a 'straight' swap but should be very easy compared to a lot of transplants. Certainly a lot easier than replacing all them parts on your current engine and then sorting out fueling, timing in a aftermarket solution such as megasquirt etc.

And yes I'd imagine between £1000-£2000 should cover labour to do it all by a pro. Then the cost of engine and parts on top (y).

Would mean a very 'interesting' car :yum: :worship:

Back