Mk2 Punto help please

Currently reading:
Mk2 Punto help please

londonlad28

Hi there I am Darren I am a newbie and just said hi in the noob thread

I have a silver MK 2 punto 2001 5 door.

I have a bit of cosmetic damage and would like to know if I can fix it..I am really annoyed about the slightest little thing that goes wrong. Every time I fix one bit I come across a new hurdel.

My left offside rear door has a heavy scratch down it.
I have numerous scratches round the car caused by keys or kids. I think I
can T cut it but I am not sure if it really works.
I have no mouldings on the car but thats not an issue It is becuase they have been taken off but 1 door still has the sticky glue all over it. How do i get it off without scratching it anymore? I also have the rear bumper smashed in at the point where the toe bar goes. I want to upload some pics and show you. I would like tips and hints.

Thanks

firstly, depending if the scratch is bare metal then it will either need touching up (i think the pens are about 8 quid) or a respray of the panel if really bad. or if not down to bare metal then some AG paint renovator or T Cut Metallic (not colour one, thats crap) and then some AG Super Resin Polish (use this first if u want to but from the sounds the 2 above wud probably be better) . AG tar remover or sticky stuff remover off some sort, if that does not work petrol or similar, but please wash the area after doing this to remove the glue . the rear bumper needs photos to see how bad it is

Thanks for your help so far ...petrol I might have to try that. What do you recommend to sctratch it off with? Last time i used the edge of an old credit card had to be really careful... I also have enclosed the photos now..
the rear bumper looks worse in reality i made need some special tool and also the sctratch on door looks a lot worse than the photo...

Attachments

• P210908_15.17.JPG
    P210908_15.17.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • P210908_15.15[03].JPG
    P210908_15.15[03].JPG
    709.4 KB · Views: 29
  • P210908_15.15[02].JPG
    P210908_15.15[02].JPG
    989.2 KB · Views: 18
  • P210908_15.15[01].JPG
    P210908_15.15[01].JPG
    695.1 KB · Views: 24
  • P210908_15.15.JPG
    P210908_15.15.JPG
    863.1 KB · Views: 14
Hi,
i can give you some info to help ge tthe sticky stuff off your car...

When i took my strips off i was left with the horrible glue :mad: and have finally got all the 'sticky stuff' off now :D
I used WD40 aswell and it didnt work as well as others said.
However someone recommended me this product called 'sticky stuff remover' (i picked mine up from screwfix where i work!!) that worked a dream, well a lot better than wd40 and the autoglym tar remover.
When you use that product just spray it onto the adhesive, leave it for 5 or so minutes come back and scrape it off with a credit card or similiar.
To get most of the sticky stuff off i used that then went over the little amounts left on with autoglym tar remover that worked well aswell
Also Patience is needed as it isnt a 2 minute job!!
Mine took me over 2 hours! :eek: cos i mucked it up aswell!!

Good luck
Hope this helps
Sam

from the bumper pic i can probably say that if u can pus the broken section back in and seal it in and then go over it with the correct paint colour it might work, although to be honest it probably easier to find one at the scrappis and undo the bolts thats hold the bumper in take out the number plate light and put the new one on

Thanks for the replies

I reckon I will head to screw fix ...luckily there is an actual screw fix shop right near where I live. As for the bumper I have already been to fiat breakers in wickford bit no luck... thing is look at my bumper most puntos do not have the same bumper as mine. I like mine with the black strip on it.

most puntos do have the strip on, i think u are just confused in that there is a different bumper for the 3dr and 5dr. yeah but try pushing it back in if possible first, otherwise u dont stand a chance of fixing it

Looks good mate ...I am going to do it this sunday I think.
I will post the finished product when I take some pics!

They only thing I need is a door or a heavt bit of t cut lol

zoom into my massive sctratch picture. its going to be hard one to fix

I'd start by rubbing it back with P3000 wet & dry
Then apply a good rubbing compound to bring it back up.
Polish/Wax

Or as said try a touch up pen.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
dont start wet and drying your car if you arent confident at detailing. You will need a buffer to bring the paint back up.

Use AG intensive tar remover to get the glue off its what shifted the rest of mine when i did it.

Back