MK2 Punto front door speakers

Currently reading:
MK2 Punto front door speakers

goonbreath

I see lots of posts, lots of suggestions everywhere and I am still not wise in this situation. I bought some Fli 4" speakers for the back and they are the crapiest speakers I have EVER heard. The originals are so much better that those. Anyway, I would like to have a go at replacing the front speakers. I know they are 6.5" but am not sure what direction to go in. I have a budget of under £100 but if I was pushed I would go to £130. My headunit and sub were only £40 from fleabay. I have a Fli Trap 12". I do not want to chop the hell out of the car or use spacers but am willing to spend a bit extra for the sound. I would even buy an amp if needed on top of the spend for the speakers. Can anyone simply tell me what to buy or a selection of ideas please? I have been looking for about 4 weeks. Please help!

The problem is you could buy the most expensive speakers in the world. If you just screw them to the original mounts in the car they will sound aweful.
As you seem to have noticed you will need an amp. After market speakers need more power to get them moving.

I would certainly recommend having some baffles built if you really want to make a nice sound. What do you have against doing that?

Back