General Mk2/Mk2b 1.2 8v wider throttle body!

Currently reading:
General Mk2/Mk2b 1.2 8v wider throttle body!

Im looking to get this done to my car after i saved enough cash up for future moddification etc. If anyone has had this done have you instantly noticed the extra power/ torque it has given. Hope fully after the moddification i will have had done i can break the 80bhp mark. My car now is runnning 66bhp that was RR'd at red dot with just a focus induction kit, now ive had a poweflow cat back system , hoepfully afte r the wider thorttle body and remap i should be around or over the 80bhp mark shouldnt i?

Any views would be helpfull

Cheers
Dean

14bhp from a ehxuast & larger tb? :eek: i doubt it. 80bhp off one injector too?

A larger throttle body does help, but a new map would probably be a good bet too.

When I talked to Peter when I had mine RR'd, he said he had got 75 out of a Cinq SPI.. and I think that had had a fair amount of work on it.

what i ment was would i be near 80bhp with remap , induction , exhaust and wider throttle body to get there not just those 2 things all four of them. im at 66bhp with just my focus kit maybe 67 now with exhaust so 13bhp needed with throttle body and remap would that be a un realistic target?

To get near 80bhp im guessing you are going to need gsr induction, supersprint manifold & exhaust, punto mk1 "75" cams maybe and a remap. Possibly more!

Saying that Im up 27.5% on power with GSR induction, supersprint manifold & exhaust and remap and its not even running correctly at the min but that is on the 1.2 16v engine.

im still 18 so its gotta be done, Its the Law! If i didnt go out pubs/clubs may go bust, same i suppose with car companies etc. May have to balance them both out but its bloody hard at 18 :)

Edit: I Went out last night.:devil:

Last edited:
If you are serious about this, this is what I would do:
- Bin the Focus kit
- buy a GSR
- buy supersprint, inc manifold
- maybe 40mm TB? if they are even available for that engine (?)
- headwork
- remap

Even then I think 80bhp is a big target. If you did get that off one injector, I'd definately be impressed. The problem is that SPI just doesn't cut it especially for big power increases. Remember, you want 80bhp- that's a 33% increase! I saw only a 23% increase with the above mods, bar headwork.

The MPI version of this engine unlocks more power and more tuning possiblities.

It's down to your budget at the end of the day.

Back