General mk2 drivers.... need some advice

Currently reading:
General mk2 drivers.... need some advice

sam a few questions and some advice!

1. what spped are you trying to get into first gear at ??

- 1st gear is a movement gear i.e you dont drive in it its used for getting off the lights and rolling
- when you approach lights ect hold second as long as poss then use the clutch to stop .. THEN put it into first gear you dont need to put it into first if your still moving as second will then be suffice!

2. why have you made sooo many threads about the same stuff .. ive read 3 threads now and they are all related .. maybe think about you threads before you post them as all 3 questions are very similar and could have easily been put into one thread.

3. what is the problem with 1st gear .. we dont know elaborate.. do you have a dead spot does it just judder.

4. do you drive? as your asking many questions that any driver should know ! and if they dont shouldnt be oin the road!!

now im not being mean im just saying think about what you post we can help you if we dont know exactly whats happening! and by making us read loadsa threads that are all related doesnt help coz one problem could cause another that youve put in a different post and both those problems could be solved 2 diff ways if on thyre own but if together could mean a different problem to be diagnosed

right... ill make this as clear as possable.... it only judders in traffic lights as you pull away.... and every time you stop say at a roundabout.... but it seems to judder after a while of driving like 20 mins..... for short distances its fine!

if its juddering when moving from idle put loadsa gas down see if it still judders then !! if so then its beyond me if not "which it shouldnt" then you mom needs to put more gas all the time not loads just progressivly add more as you release the clutch i find puntos can be sinsitive about this !! and when you say judders up to lights or watever .. could it be that she's holding the clutch up to long i.e. leaving it till the engines anout to stall? or is it simply a problome that its idleing too low i.e. revs are too low .. start the car up and look at the natural revs (dont rev it just turn it on) what are they at 1k or over or less if less probs something to do with that as a punto is hydraulich could be expensive i dont know could be something you could do ask others aboutchangiong your idle speed (NOT IN A NEW POST IN THIOS ONE lol) any prob like that should get worse as you go along either as metal contracts and expands as it gets hot i.e. as you drive and thus and problems with things slipping ect should solve as you go on !!!

from a standing start do you fastest star you can flooring it throught out the rev range then into second flat out and then into 3rd, if it judders like mad and sounds like the egine revs higher than your moving like my car its your clutch that it knakerd

Back