Styling Mk2 bonnet lifters

Currently reading:
Styling Mk2 bonnet lifters

It is quite easy to change whole cable and lifter handle. unscrew the lifter from engine side, free the cable then tape the new cable to the old one. from driver side. take the handle off (2 screws), pull the old cable and the new one which is taped tothe old one should come inside, reverse the rest of fittings. all done.
By the way there are some clips behind the sound insulator in the bonnet which holds the cable. Don't forget to ease them off first and put them back!(y)

sorry for the late reply and sorry i didnt explain it very well. I was meaning lifting struts i have two which apparently fit Punto mk2 but it looks like im going to have to drill holes :(

I had a Mk2 HGT - all singing & dancing with equipment but it still had a normal bonnet stay. If you are fitting hydraulic struts expect to do some careful measurement and lots of trial & error. The mounting points on the bonnet will need strengthening as well.

Copy the geometry from the boot lid (rear door).

yea my bonnet stand failed on me awhile back and went straight tho the bonnet.

i was going to go with the lenght of the strut compressed plus a little bit more for the distance between the bonnet mounting point and where i drill for the body mounting point

Back