Mk1 vs Mk2 HGT

Currently reading:
Mk1 vs Mk2 HGT

A

Ant Wells

Hey guys, was just curious...

Despite the obvious slight power increase in the 155 VIS, are there any other benefits the Mk2 holds over the Mk1?

Cheers guys!

Better interior, fit and finish mainly. Personally I prefer the wheels too but that's personal choice. That's about it really.

and slightly better fuel consumption :)

I've had both and the main things I found were...

The engine on the 147 sounds like a spitfire when you plant your foot where the VIS is slightly quieter.

The 147 accelerator is cable run so you get almost instant respone from the engine compared to the vis which is 'fly-by-wire' so can sometimes be a delay on acceleration.

The vis has a plastic panel on the engine which has 'vis' written on it ;)

the vis doesn't seem as fast but that is due to the way the power is served up, the 147 is very brash and will give you power here there and everywhere, the vis will give it to you in one big curve so it is a lot smoother (just seems slower because you don't get punched in the back when you go near the throttle)

All in all, I loved the sound and on-demand power from my 147, but after it got torched :*( My vis was so smooth and much better equiped with full black leather, airbags and air-con.

Darren

think id stick to the 147 as it does sound alot better and has instant response,like has said before.
With a freer flowing exhaust and induction kit and one of those chips you can by,your looking at 160bhp ish,which are v.cheap :)
With the 155,you cant,has to be re-mapped which not many people can afford to do as it is costly,But saying that,with a freer flowing exhaust and induction kit,your looking at 160bhp ish anyhow

Just get some mk2 hgt interia or even leaather and you have that lil extra luxury on the mk1 :)

I have a mk1 at the moment and it sounds amazing standard. It has the full leather interior but I'm not too keen on it as it's too grey, reminds me of an elephant lol what other seats fit the hgt? I hear some alfa seats do, do they require modification?

Ant,

My mk2 had a full black leather interior so you may find one somewhere, it was lovely!

darren

after some black leather for mine,when i get round to it :)

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell :)
Car Status: 23/02/10 - Heating and correct Oil amount sorted :) ready for MOT

Interiors can be replaced ;)

Personally I love the mk1, a much more vocal beastie ;) if you make it to Brooklands, you will see what I mean!

Andy_sx

Yes the roar of the 5 cylinders in the 147 always makes me smile.

Longest Serving BOO Member
sigwf.jpg

1997 Naturally Aspirated HGT in disguise!

Yes the roar of the 5 cylinders in the 147 always makes me smile

Agree with you on that 1 :)

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell :)
Car Status: 23/02/10 - Heating and correct Oil amount sorted :) ready for MOT