Technical mk1 turbo fuel cut or something

Currently reading:
Technical mk1 turbo fuel cut or something

waynegts

well got a mk1 for the girlfriend yesterday and driving it home it was doing the fuel cut thing when the boost kicks in, so i stopped and disconnected one of the wires and it still did it, the car has been stood for a while.
actuator stuck?
any ideas?
cheers wayne

It could be a number of things, i doubt its boost related i think its more likely to be a loose or faulty sensor cutting the spark.

If it happens when you boot it hard, just as it should hit boost then i'd suggest checking your plugs.

My mk1 was doing this for a while and it turned out i needed a new set despite the plugs not being very old. Swapped um and problemo solved.

Tom

My MK2 also did this after it had been off the road for a bit. I’d been warming her up every week or so on the drive. I took her out for the occasional spin round the car park. After a couple of months, she started missing and cutting out on full boost :(.

I filled up before someone came to look n didn’t do it any more :)

I guess the fuel gets boosted to the back of the tank ;)

had pleanty of fuel in it, will be giving it a service and checking over it soon

Louie Bee said:
My MK2 also did this after it had been off the road for a bit. I’d been warming her up every week or so on the drive. I took her out for the occasional spin round the car park. After a couple of months, she started missing and cutting out on full boost :(.

I filled up before someone came to look n didn’t do it any more :)

I guess the fuel gets boosted to the back of the tank ;)

Quite how you achieved full boost in the carpark, I don't know ;)

While driving my Uno at Taupo circuit, I suddenly had problems when it stopped raining (and the track dried out, so presumably cornering force increased), engine cutting out, with the fuel gauge anywhere from 1/3 to 0 during cornering. So I think you're right! Fill up to half-way before those full-boost laps...

-Aex

Back