Technical MK1 Punto Exhaust Problem

Currently reading:
Technical MK1 Punto Exhaust Problem

1995 Punto Exhaust Broke HELP!!

Ok, I've got a 1995 MK1 Punto 55s. My exhaust has broke, here is a diagram which i done in paint on a laptop so the drawing looks **** but its the best i can do :)

PS: My mate thinks i should remove the middle box and replace with a straight pipe, but i dont want my exhaust to be too loud as im not a boy racer lol

My uncle thinks i should go with a full new exhause as the same happened to the back box about 6months ago which i just welded a new back box on, but my uncle recons the weld wont hold the middle box and would just break after a month or so

Cheers in Advance

~d3xt0r

Attachments

• exhaust.png
    exhaust.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Re: 1995 Punto Exhaust Broke HELP!!

sorry i dont know how to edit my post. does anyone think removing the middle box and replacing with a straight pipe would be the best option?

~d3xt0r

No it looks fine i think i caught it on a set of BIG speed bumps (****ing council) other day and then yesterday when it was icey, i wheel spun on black ice and it just collapsed.

All i need to know is if i take the middle box out and replace with straight pipe will it be chav loud or just a little louder than normal, i am not a chav and dont want to sound like 1 :)

~d3xt0r

PS: I've tied it up with cable ties for now but i know they will just melt if i travel any further than work so dont wanna risk driving 5 miles to the scrappy!

Last edited:
Yes straight through would increase the noise levels and I'm sure I've seen metal cable ties in my motor factors before, might be worth you seeing if any local places do them too?

I don't think it would sound too loud but you can only tell by trying or finding someone on here who has removed that silencer, it isn't like your trying to use a dustbin as a backbox and straight to it from the manifold!

Back