Technical Mk1 Misfire?

Currently reading:
Technical Mk1 Misfire?

GT4TY Brome

When idling my mum's Mk1 55s, you can hear a slight 'popping' sound from the exhaust, and sometimes a strong smell of fuel. Also, the engine note is normal, but slightly juddery (not completely perfect). I guessed misfire or something similar, but was wondering whether anyone knew what the problem was.

I have seen on other threads people saying that it could be the coil pack, but i thought i would try and rule out any other problems first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My 55S has a similar problem, so more of a bump reply than anything.

I've changed spark plugs, changed leads, used injector cleaner, done plenty of servicing work (cambelt/tensioner/cam gasket cover seal) and the car itself is running fine, but I too get a strong smell of petrol, may just be the car running rich (any way to solve this?)

I've got an induction kit, though I don't boot the car much anymore as I'm trying to be economical with my fuel, so I'm wondering if the ECU hasn't adjusting to my more mature style of driving yet?

The smell usually goes away after a few minutes or if I just give it a few revs a couple of times after starting up.

Back