General Missing cap/threaded plug

Currently reading:
General Missing cap/threaded plug

IanPink

Recently bought this 2009 2.2, I noticed there is a cap/ plug missing out of what could possibly be a heater hose. Yet the heater works fine and there is no loss of coolant. Anyone know what it’s for, is it a problem? Thanks for any help with my first fiat vehicle :)

Attachments

• 64AC4FB6-95E1-49DC-8D42-9CBB95205E01.jpeg
    64AC4FB6-95E1-49DC-8D42-9CBB95205E01.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 83
  • A4194DCA-9FBA-4321-A314-70388C95CD45.jpeg
    A4194DCA-9FBA-4321-A314-70388C95CD45.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 34
My first though was it could be a fill port for air conditioning but now not so sure.

Second picture is definately air conditioning pipes.

Last edited:
The first picture shows a cap that is just hand tight, threaded in a hole. I can easily remove this and it fits the missing one. Not sure about aircon, there is a button for aircon on the heating controls but when I asked about re-gassing the garage told me there is no aircon fitted to this vehicle.

Hi Ian

I am 99% certain that the pipe in the second picture is part of an air conditioning installation. If you follow the pipes and poke around in the engine bay you may well be able to identify the belt driven compressor pump and the condenser (like a small radiator and mounted in the same airflow as the main cooling radiator).

I'd suggest your garage either lack knowledge or want to avoid working on it !

I think you’re right. I paid a deposit on the van on the basis they would get the aircon working when it went in for mot and service. They phoned me to say there was no aircon fitted but offered a refund of deposit or 1k off the agreed price, the latter of which I accepted. So, I conclude it has got a non working system but will cost more than 1k to fix. Secondary conclusion, the dealer is a lieing ****.

Back