Technical Misfire

Currently reading:
Technical Misfire

stan Munyongani

Hi i have fiat uno 1100, it jus started misfire in the morning and i checked my HT cables they are fine bt i did not remove the plugs since i put them 2 months ago. I also tried to tune the carburetor bt the problem did not go away then i open the carburetor to check and clean bt stil having same misfiring

New spark plugs can fail, just like old ones. I would:

1) Put a new set of plugs in
2) Check the distributor outside and especially inside for signs of "tracking" AND clean as well

After that it depends on the age of your Uno and what type of ignition and timing system it has. Old style 'points' or the later Digiplex / similar electronic system setup?

New spark plugs can fail, just like old ones. I would:

1) Put a new set of plugs in
2) Check the distributor outside and especially inside for signs of "tracking" AND clean as well

After that it depends on the age of your Uno and what type of ignition and timing system it has. Old style 'points' or the later Digiplex / similar electronic system setup?
My Uno model is 1998 and its electronic ignition, i jus notice some oil coming out from the distributor i hope the problem will stop when i get rid of the oil leak since the oil is going inside the distributor

Back