Minecraft

Currently reading:
Minecraft

Just wondering if anyone else on here has been playing that?

Despite not being that old my current desktop refuses to run it. That said, my desktop won't run MSN messanger or a few other programmes these days. It's being replaced with something that's far more than capable of running Minecraft, a game I'm intending picking up at the earliest opportunity.

Is anyone addicted to the game yet?

I've been playing it for the best part of a year :) Love it! The new update is really nice as well...

I've not got the attention span for it :laugh: However, some of the creations people produce are AMAZING...

...skip to 1:40 in or so past the iffy wallpaper lol The guy's spent like over a year building that thing. I guess if it passes the time :laugh:

I'm back playing Minecraft again, spent my whole weekend and most of last week on it. The problem is I like the set up part of it, the initial searching for diamond and making your house, but after that I get kinda bored and have a habit of just restarting on a new world.

Have been playing with the Equivalent Exchange Mod for a while now and really like it. It lets you turn any item into energy which you can then turn into other items and also adds a lot of its own items into the game. Yesterday I installed TMI because a crash made me lose all my stuff and it is really hard not to just give myself any item I want in game!

Anyone else still playing?

I've been playing about setting up my own server recently and had it working pretty well until the newest update of Ubuntu screwed up my install, so I'm off installing again a fresh. Thankfully I backed up the MC server before hand so still have my world :)

If I get it set up again and anyone fancies a game let me know and I'll share the IP.

Hamachi is an easy way to make a server. Love abit of minecraft ;) bought it on the xbox recently too

N0KKA said:
Hamachi is an easy way to make a server. Love abit of minecraft ;) bought it on the xbox recently too

Is it any good on there? What's the main differences between it and the PC version?

I like being in control of everything that is happening so would rather avoid contracting out my server if I can :) Plus it's more about learning server and linux management than anything else.

ok, just downloaded a version for fre.. *cough cough* ill give it ago, see what crack is. i aint paying £20 if its ****... and then if i like it ill buy it (as i always do) and we should all go in a server?

whats the crack with it anyways

right ive been playing it all afternoon, and im abit bored now. i dont get the idea. ive built a bad ass house, and am easily safe at night, with torches. swords ect ect. what is the point of the game from now on?

ok. i get the point of the game,, i just dont understand why people play it loll.

i get it is what you make it, a never ending world with other people in and endless exploration. and you can make and do what you want in it.... but it just throws you in the deepend. and lets be honest, without the internet who on here would have even figured out how to make fire, or build a pickaxe on their own...

seems abit longwinded imo.

Hey sorry guys, didn't see the replies!

The point of Minecraft is pretty much the same as any other game, entertainment :D I just got really caught up in digging deep and exploring and trying to get better stuff. It's strange but addictive. I've only played on a server once or twice but both times it was public servers and they had heaps of restrictions which made building anything a nightmare.

If you wanna arrange a time and date we can give it a try with the 3 of us to see how it goes. :D

tbh, im not going to buy it, its a waste of my money. sitting all night smashing blocks to find stuff so i can make tools to smash blocks faster... not for me im afraid.

Clock34 said:
tbh, im not going to buy it, its a waste of my money. sitting all night smashing blocks to find stuff so i can make tools to smash blocks faster... not for me im afraid.

You can also build :) And hunt creepers, build portals to the nether, create minecart roller coasters, create automated defences for your home, lots and lots of things :)

Back