Technical mileage flashing

Currently reading:
Technical mileage flashing

niquest

Hi to all. Had to replace the battery in my 08 150 t-jet as it went dead. When replaced I have my mileage on the dash flashing on and of. Ive gone through the modes on the dash, cant see anything to stop this flashing. Any ideas?? Thanks :)

Hi to all. Had to replace the battery in my 08 150 t-jet as it went dead. When replaced I have my mileage on the dash flashing on and of. Ive gone through the modes on the dash, cant see anything to stop this flashing. Any ideas?? Thanks :)
Only milage or the clock blinked also ? and he stop after you adjust it.

Had to reset clock after battery replacement That was fine, no problem there. Still just mileage flashing, tried changing to km's then back to miles, no problem doing that, but still the same.

Sounds like it needs a proxy alignment done. I'm sure someone could advise you how to get it done cheaper than what a dealer would charge.

yeahthat.gif

You need a proxy alignment. Either Fait main dealer or if you do you own maintenence consider buying an ELM 327 EOBD interface and Multiecuscan ( MES http://www.multiecuscan.com/ ) and do it yourself. Interface is about €30 and you will need to register MES at €50. You need a laptop computer too. If you do your own work it will soon pay for itself.

Robert G8RPI.

Sounds like it needs a proxy alignment done. .

Couple weeks ago when my car was on service they disconnect battery and same thing happen. Blinking milage + clock. Clock stop blinking after adjusting time. Mechanic tray to reset with his pc and he could not do it. I went to his friend electrician and he could not do it. He ask what did you install in car not original from factory. I say head unit. He say put old head unit back, disconnect and reconnect battery and car itself will do alignment. Or tray at FIAT dealer if they can reset it. I tray first method putting old (original head unit) and it worked. After that I just put again New head unit and no more flashing :) Maybe you have something installed aftermarked also?

Back