General milage display

Currently reading:
General milage display

imthejoker

Joker by nature......
Hello ff , can anyone pls shed some light on why the milage display has just suddenly stopped working (98 r reg weekend 2.0 20v) it happened on the way home so iv not had a chance to nose yet, plus it raining !?! , i figure that if a fuse had gone then something else wouldnt be working-but no! , any help is much appreciated , thanks

Joker

are they seperate from the backlight display for the rest of the dash because they work a.o.k.

Joker

Cheers for that T14086,, dont spose u'd know the easiest way to change the bulb pls, or is it a dash-out job either way?!

Joker

Remove the screws around the cluster. Lower the steering wheel if it is adjustable to its lowest point to give room and carefully ease the cluster forward. From the back you will see the bulbs.
Dave

I have a similar problem.

I managed to remove the dial cover and got behind and removed the fault bulb.

However, I went to my local shop and he didn't have any similar bulbs.

Does anyone know what type of bulbs are they so I can order them from the net ?

T5 2W, they go into the plastic cap you screw off. You can also install LED T5 if you get the orientation right, but usually they are a bit too bright. Atleast here they come in pack of five so you might want to change all the backlights and/or other indicators.

Back