286320_10150273618502731_789402730_7548480_480243_o (1).jpg

Mercedes Turbo.

Introduction

Bought my first non-Fiat in almost a decade! :eek:

286320_10150273618502731_789402730_7548480_480243_o (1).jpg

It's pretty straight and only needs a few mechanical bits seen to. Then I'll start with a couple wee mods.
Reactions: m20b25 and dombooth
Thats a big old bus Venters! I saw one of these in the flesh modded to hell & back when I took my daughters Swift down to the local Stripemaster site... didnt get a pic unfortunately but it actually looked quite good in a very brilliant white with matt black details, lowered (of course) with Angel Eyes on it, smoothed & a set of very wide wheels fitted with General Grabbers & 2 Cherry bombs out of each side just behind the doors!

Turns out there is a hell of a lot of stuff for these. could easily blow a few grand on off the shelf stuff.

Not mine dave, Boss just bought it since its been sitting at the back of the shop for over a year. paid less than scrap value so its gonna get crushed. :(

110 is fine on the motorway but ive been using the classic panda as my daily for a few months now so aslong as it makes it to 70 it would seem fine. Cant say ive got amy problems with the brakes either, but that could be cos used to the panda again. It also handles better than the Panda too. :)

i find the brakes a bit spongy for my liking but its normal apparently, they defo bled properly and everything.. Can't wait to fit my Brembo's though :slayer:

I've read there is different top mounts that make a difference to ride height, i can't find a definitive answer as to what mounts give what heights but worth looking into if your worried about weight and lowering a little.. ;)

If im honest they are not something i would normally go for either. but i just got a feeling they will suit the van pretty well once its cleaned up how i want it.
19" so im gonna have to do a bit of research on tyres now. should be enjoyable. :)

Lack of updates, mostly due to Mercedes reliability.
So far mechanical issues have come close to the original purchase price of the van itself.

Leaking then blown injectors followed by the front brakes needing done.
Engine now has a stupendous rattle on throttle below 1500 rpm

Then my time being wasted by a sign writer claiming he could do what I wanted then after weeks of designing and trial fits he says it's impossible.

So it's getting some custom paintwork since apparently vinyl isn't a viable option for what i have planned.

Tyres are coming in at £450 fitted. :eek:
The back door is a single hatch type.

Sadly it's gonna be a few weeks before there are any new photos, but once it's had a few of the things done I want it should look pretty original. :D
Mind you it's already been through a bodyshop for somethings but I'll keep that back for the big reveal.

Last edited:
It ticked over 118,000 last week.
To be fair I know the tyres are a decent price, just I've only had to put tyres on the Panda and the 126 for the last couple years and compared to them it's a massive difference.

Back