Technical Mechanical ventilation

Currently reading:
Technical Mechanical ventilation

This goes out to those with cars similar to mine. Is there a good solution for mechanical ventilation for these cars, without having to make any new holes in the roof?

This goes out to those with cars similar to mine. Is there a good solution for mechanical ventilation for these cars, without having to make any new holes in the roof?
I know it doesn't help, but as hot air rises it is the main reason "Police Dog Vans etc." have the wind operated rotating vent in the roof as very effective.
Anything else would need some form of electrical fan/pump to extract the hot air at greater cost.
I always found 70Mph with all the windows down worked for me. ;) ;) ;)

I love my wind deflectors - mine look the same as this
link
except mine are clear
(not saying that link is the best place to buy them, I just found that through a quick ebay search as an illustration)
5 minute job to fit and remover to transfer to the next van
Can leave the front windows partially open all the time, no draughts however fast you are going.
Curiously I discovered they suck air out at speed rather than blowing it in.
So the van is getting fresh air in through the bodywork vents - hence no draughts in the cab
I discovered this when I was carrying a load of creosoted wood and it was sucking the fumes into the cab.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Ooops... my bad. I guess I explained my self rather awkward... I was actually thinking in the line of a solution involving some sort of a fan. The main reason beeing getting air in and out of the living area of the car when it is not moving.

Ooops... my bad. I guess I explained my self rather awkward... I was actually thinking in the line of a solution involving some sort of a fan. The main reason beeing getting air in and out of the living area of the car when it is not moving.
Ah! So if stationary then an extractor fan as high up in the vehicle where the hot air collects is required as unless it's a windy area my roof fan solution is no good. Having said that I have had work vans with them in that did help as worked even in quite low breeze.
I was trying to think of a cheap option.:)

Those wind driven roof fans are fine for work vans
But can make funny noises that might keep you awake in a camper van
Especially when the bearings get worn and they make irregular screechy noises that vary with gusts of wind.
Incidentally my Ducato has factory fitted air conditioning but I would rather lose that than my wind deflectors
Because the air conditioning only works with the engine running but the wind deflectors keep the van ventilated 24/7

Yeah, the cheap option is alwas to prefer, that's true. I have another little issue, by the way... when I run my fridge on gas, sometimes gasexhaust-smell enters the car. Anyone experienced this?

I sometimes get an exhaust smell from my Chinese diesel air heater on start up - depending on the wind direction
I have got the exhaust pointing away from the van, but the exhaust fan is not as powerful as the wind
And when the van is stationary the wind is not always blowing it away.
The Ducato van has vent holes in the floor so if the hot exhaust gas is blown back under the van by the wind it will rise up into the van.
So I have got a carbon monoxide meter with a digital display to make sure its below the acceptable level of 60ppm
Of course you don't want any carbon monoxide but its all around us you can't avoid pollution altogether

realistically the most useful thing you could do is fit a small roof light that can be popped open when you are parked up, this allows heat to rise out of the cabin and draw in cooler air through doors and windows.

This sort of thing
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Caravan-Mo...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583451665885798&psc=1
Very easy to fit, cheap and perfect for your issue, but I appreciate it doesn't meet your requirement of not cutting anymore holes.

Back