Technical Max RPM?

the rover was a 1.8 vvc

i think with a mild cam and good manifolds these engines could
make good power from 2 - 7k revs, ive been looking at making a
inlet manifold lately

i tried many insurers and all even the mod friendly ones had trouble
quoting for a 1.2 the best was £1050 when i pay £340 with loads
of mods to a 1.1

The capacity and VTEC is why the Rover can, effectively, run such high gearing. A turbo Cinq can probably do much the same: it'll handle just about any NA car up to 2 litres up to 80 or so.

But to get an 1100 car to produce power over the kind of rev band you want will be pretty much impossible.

Shocked at that insurance quote: IIRC I was getting Blue (the turbo Cinq) for less than £500 fully comp.

That seems a lot of money to insure a 1.2 to me have you tried adrian flux or HIC? My Turbo Cinq only costs me about £170 fully comp with agreed valuation, even my Esprit V8 cost less than £600

Ever thought about age? Obviously your a lot older if your insuring Lotus' for under 600 quid. I pay double that for a std Cinq Sporting.

Ever thought about age? Obviously your a lot older if your insuring Lotus' for under 600 quid. I pay double that for a std Cinq Sporting.

I was suprised at what Fingers was paying for Blue and he is older than me :p

but whatever age i'm suprised a 1.2 conversion would cost 3 times what the guy is paying for a 1108 my example was to show just how competative places like flux and HIC are i did have a quote for £3K for the Lotus from one firm

Im in the process of contacting Wolf Direct Racing to see if they can get another set of cams made up for me, same spec as what there using. I'll be happy with 9500rpm:devil:

I would advise you to stay clear of them. He does not know anything about cams and just puts a re-profiled cam made by Piper in.

Back