Technical Master cylinder cap thread size?

Currently reading:
Technical Master cylinder cap thread size?

boguing

Anyone know the thread type and size?

I bought the Laser Tools bleeder (the 'ball' one) with a Euro cap. Naively I assumed it would fit Euro cars. With about a litre of fluid on the floor I now see that it only fits snugly enough to lull you into a false sense of security.

I can probably lash it up with ptfe tape, but it would be handy to have the right one for the future.

(Laser pointed me at their complete set of caps, but at nearly £200 I'm not even slightly tempted).

Anyone know the thread type and size?

I bought the Laser Tools bleeder (the 'ball' one) with a Euro cap. Naively I assumed it would fit Euro cars. With about a litre of fluid on the floor I now see that it only fits snugly enough to lull you into a false sense of security.

I can probably lash it up with ptfe tape, but it would be handy to have the right one for the future.

(Laser pointed me at their complete set of caps, but at nearly £200 I'm not even slightly tempted).
Don't know the size, but if you have the bleeder and something like this (eBay item number:185468036581) to hold the pipe on it should do the job.
Remember you only need a couple of pounds of pressure on the master cylinder to push the fluid down to the bleeder, it doesn't need to be very much.
In the factory where they build cars in the past they just used a tank of fluid up high, via the adaptor and a tap to the cylinder , no pressure just gravity pushing the brake fluid down.

Thanks Mike, I might well pick one of those up for the future. As it was, six wraps of insulating tape (after a good clean up) gave a good enough seal for 5psi. For interest it only needed pumping up to 5 twice for a complete fluid change.

Back