General Marea Weekend 18 Security Key

Currently reading:
General Marea Weekend 18 Security Key

I have just replaced the head, timing belt & adjuster + roller, water pump, new head bolts and gaskets new oil + filter and coolant change. I also bought the special tools for locking the camshaft`s. I served my apprecticship on all the good gear, Alegro`s, Marina`s and so forth! and must admit we didnt have any electrical gadjets built into the car`s then.

I received my car back in a stripped down condition from the useless garage it went in for repair, (Another story). This was the first double overhead camshaft with 16 valves I have worked on so I followed the Haynes manual coupled with my previous experiences to the letter.

Came the day of starting the car, it wouldnt fire up. Fuel seemed to be getting in, but on checking the spark plugs there is no spark. After checking all connections, resetting the engine timing again it still wont fire.

Obvoiusly during the work the battery had been disconected and re charged. On reading the owners manual it mentions the resetting of the vehicle code with the bergundy key (which I didnt get with the car). Does anybody think this could be the problem, ie immobaliser not kicking in with having all the electrics disconnected and then put back together again. The car is central locking but does not have remote locking. :confused: :bang:

immob disables fuel pump so it cant be that, plus the orange key code light would remain illuminated if it was the immob. check your main earth strap, and try earthing the engine seperately using a suitable length of wire. failing that you need to check coilpack, and then do continuity checks on the LT wiring from ecu to coilpack (3 wires). its also possible the crankshaft position sensor is not connected or working.

Have you tried pressing the button under the passenger seat. You say you think fuel is getting through, i have knocked this before and not managed to start car, until the button is pressed. Worth a try.

7bos

The fiat garage has just told me its the camshaft sensor according to the computer that was plugged in to the car. £226.00 part & fitted plus £50.00 for collection of car and another £50.00 for the MOT. Slightly unsure because it was working before the cam belt adjuster went! :cry:

Back