Technical Marea Weekend 105 JTD - Performance

Currently reading:
Technical Marea Weekend 105 JTD - Performance

Hi, just reading this thread as I have had similar problems. MY performance is now in the 15secs range 2-3K 5th, but it took a new MAF even though there was not that much differnece when the old one was disconnected. I got one for £30 on ebay if you are interested. It was easy to fit. I do still have slowish performance below 2k off the mark so I think I will try to clean the EGR thing next, just as soon as I find out what and where it is!
Cheers

Thanks for the reply, actually I did the same a year back :) I bought one of Ebay for £60. It seemed to do the trick but late last year the car felt like a really sluggish again. I got in touch with the ebay seller , returned the MAF and got a replacement and it is better then ever now so I suspect the original MAF was not all that clever when I got it the first time.

Good luck with the EGR cleaning, that was my first job, it was mucky there is black tar stuff cacked everywhere, I cleaned out as much as I could, didnt make any difference to my performance though because at the time my MAF was faulty.

:)

hi like you, have the same problem with my marea weekend 1.9jtd elx injection light staying on an no power at all thinking of changing the MAF meter after that think i'll have to look towards changing the turbo did you have any luck with your marea and if so what did you do regards :worship:
Johnny

hi like you, have the same problem with my marea weekend 1.9jtd elx injection light staying on an no power at all thinking of changing the MAF meter after that think i'll have to look towards changing the turbo did you have any luck with your marea and if so what did you do regards :worship:
Johnny

hi johnny

would look at the MAF, glow plugs then the injectors before looking at the TURBO

hi i got the jtd 110 weekender i know its not the same as yours size wise but my jtd does not do the things you mentioned mine revs as the norm on low revs all the way through the gears etc from reading the many posts on here it could be the mass air flow thingy lol i'm not a tec head btw hang about on here your post will get a reply their a good set of lads on here most are working so dont get much time i would think let me know what the cause was m8 when you sort it out andy..

hi i got the jtd 110 weekender i know its not the same as yours size wise but my jtd does not do the things you mentioned mine revs as the norm on low revs all the way through the gears etc from reading the many posts on here it could be the mass air flow thingy lol i'm not a tec head btw hang about on here your post will get a reply their a good set of lads on here most are working so dont get much time i would think let me know what the cause was m8 when you sort it out andy..

you made me giggle there Andy, i had to read your post 3 or 4 times to understand what you were on about as there is not one piece of punctuation from start to finish, but then you put two full stops at the end, like that somehow makes up for it ;) :p

Back