General Marea Timing Belt Change - Help Please

Currently reading:
General Marea Timing Belt Change - Help Please

javednazeer

:) Hello all Fiat lovers, well I've got a Marea TD100 Elx and I want to tackle the timing belt project. I was told that I need the locking tool to do it properly. But I know for fact that there are people who does them without the tool. Are there any marks on the cranshaft, pulleys etc to actually mark them. Please provide some handy tips as how I can handle this job more accurately. Also If someone knows where I can buy these kits. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks now. :bang:

Hello, I have got the cd from ebay already, but they mention the use of tool kit. I want to know if it can be done without them and how ? Also if the cambelt tool kit needs to be used, where can I find them? Thanks.

Hi and welcome to our forum :)

You can get the tool from a Fiat dealer, cost a fortune though.

If you are just changing the belt you put a mark on the pulleys and head and line them up again with the new belt. If you are doing anything else then you should use the tool.

Hi,

just replaced a timing belt on td100 elx (well i had to, cyl head gasket went, so i thought i might as well).

There are marks on each of the main pulleys (Crank, Cam & injection pump).

There are also marks on the cambelt, which line up with those on the pulleys.

I didn't use any special tools. Needed 2 bolts to lock the injection pump into place (see the CD).

When replacing the new belt just line up the marks.

I was apprehensive, but fired up 1st time.

Good luck

I Can Post Tools For Loan & Return !!
With Details,surrgest Buying Kit Eg,water Pump And Idler Bearing.

Back