Technical Marea running 'cold' with lower power

Currently reading:
Technical Marea running 'cold' with lower power

Jimbo1

Hi Guys,

I suspect my thermostat has gone, but thought I'd post this here. My Marea TD125 HLX is not running at anywhere near full acceleration. However, the fuel filter has just been changed and it's also had an engine flush with full oil filter and oil change today.

I can get up to high speeds on the motorway, but just not with great acceleration. I have noticed my temperature gauge does not seem to be behaving normally. For example, when driving at 70mph+, I'd expect it to be cranking up to the halfway mark and then the fan to kick in shortly afterwards. At the moment, it's not even getting past the quarter point mark and doesn't seem to be getting hot enough for the fan to kick in.

Would I be right in thinking my thermostat is stuffed? ;)

Cheers.

James

It sounds quite normal I dont think you would get the fan to kick in driving on the motorway at them speeds. Just about the only time mine kicks in is snarled up in traffic on a hot day.

It sounds quite normal I dont think you would get the fan to kick in driving on the motorway at them speeds. Just about the only time mine kicks in is snarled up in traffic on a hot day.

The fan isn't kicking in when it's idling either, and that is not normal. Usually, once the temperature gauge reaches the three quarters mark, I can expect it to kick in.

At the moment, the temperature gauge won't even reach the halfway mark after it's been idling for more than 5 minutes, so the fan isn't kicking in. It wasn't behaving this way a few weeks ago.

Sorry, I should have provided this information before.

Also, when I drive on the motorway (which I do a lot), the temperature gauge will normally be hovering between the half way point and the quarter point. This is not currently happening. It is staying below the quarter point. When you're driving from Sheffield to Folkestone (and vice versa) every week, you notice these things. ;)

The fan isn't kicking in when it's idling either, and that is not normal. Usually, once the temperature gauge reaches the three quarters mark, I can expect it to kick in.

At the moment, the temperature gauge won't even reach the halfway mark after it's been idling for more than 5 minutes, so the fan isn't kicking in. It wasn't behaving this way a few weeks ago.

Sorry, I should have provided this information before.

Also, when I drive on the motorway (which I do a lot), the temperature gauge will normally be hovering between the half way point and the quarter point. This is not currently happening. It is staying below the quarter point. When you're driving from Sheffield to Folkestone (and vice versa) every week, you notice these things. ;)

do the heaters work ok??

Hi Guys,

I suspect my thermostat has gone, but thought I'd post this here. My Marea TD125 HLX is not running at anywhere near full acceleration. However, the fuel filter has just been changed and it's also had an engine flush with full oil filter and oil change today.

I can get up to high speeds on the motorway, but just not with great acceleration. I have noticed my temperature gauge does not seem to be behaving normally. For example, when driving at 70mph+, I'd expect it to be cranking up to the halfway mark and then the fan to kick in shortly afterwards. At the moment, it's not even getting past the quarter point mark and doesn't seem to be getting hot enough for the fan to kick in.

Would I be right in thinking my thermostat is stuffed? ;)

Cheers.

James
The temperature issue sounds strange - are you losing fluid anywhere? Check the levels.
The acceleration thing sounds like a failing MAF. Just disconnect it & go for a test drive. If it accelerates OK then you need a new MAF.
On mine without the MAF it feels a bit rough & accelerates about 80-90% as well as with the MAF working. If the MAF is knackered, then there's NO acceleration, unless you dip the clutch & let it tick over for a second or two, then it'll accelerate fine ... until you lift off then you're back to sqare one.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your responses. My thermostat was indeed knackered, and has now been replaced. I have also identified what kicks off the low power symptoms (but not the cause), but I'll post about that on a separate thread.

Cheers.

James

Back